Long distance relationship

Watch
Audrey Ineza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Actually I have a boyfriend and he lives in a different country I really miss him and we do really love each other but am so afraid that he can cheat on me or meet someone else and am afraid that we won't see each other shall I.let him enjoy his life with someone else or don't give up on him
Thecrazydoughnut
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Audrey Ineza)
Actually I have a boyfriend and he lives in a different country I really miss him and we do really love each other but am so afraid that he can cheat on me or meet someone else and am afraid that we won't see each other shall I.let him enjoy his life with someone else or don't give up on him
You wouldn’t be having this thought, if he was trustworthy.

Somethings not right.
Ethane_the_pug
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I actually deal with this same problem and have the same thoughts. If he really loves you, he should stay faithful to you. Get reassurance periodically, from once a month to once every 3 months, depending on how worried you are about it. If he seems off in his reply or he admits it isn't working, you have your answer. If he seems loyal still, also your answer
Ethane_the_pug
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
You wouldn’t be having this thought, if he was trustworthy.

Somethings not right.
i have this thought and i know my partner is as faithful as can be. so... it's just insecurity usually.
ItsJustBella
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
In terms of long distance relationships, communication is the most important thing or else it’s very likely the relationship will fall through. Communicate your feelings! Because you can’t expect him to be a mind reader and sense what you feel and what you’re worried about but hopefully, this worrying feeling you have goes soon <3
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Ethane_the_pug)
i have this thought and i know my partner is as faithful as can be. so... it's just insecurity usually.
I’m in a LDR too. I don’t worry about him going off with another bird.

The trust has to be built and kept. Also communication is key.
Audrey Ineza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Thanks y'all
ItsJustBella
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Audrey Ineza)
Thanks y'all
Anytime! It’s natural to be worried about things like this especially when you’re in a long distance relationship but at least it shows you care for your boyfriend
Ethane_the_pug
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I’m in a LDR too. I don’t worry about him going off with another bird.

The trust has to be built and kept. Also communication is key.
i agree that trust needs to be present, but that doesnt mean these thoughts won't happen. no relationship is perfect, and LDRs are the hardest. I trust my partner with my life and communicate with them daily, but I still can worry that they'll find someone better, I'm not good enough, etc. It's only natural.
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Ethane_the_pug)
i agree that trust needs to be present, but that doesnt mean these thoughts won't happen. no relationship is perfect, and LDRs are the hardest. I trust my partner with my life and communicate with them daily, but I still can worry that they'll find someone better, I'm not good enough, etc. It's only natural.
Why would they choose someone ‘better’ when they have chosen you?
Ethane_the_pug
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Why would they choose someone ‘better’ when they have chosen you?
i'll just make an example. If a bear has to choose between a diseased bear, a dead bear, and a wimpy bear, the bear will choose the wimpy bear. But if a strong, majestic bear walks by, the bear may change its mind.

this is basically my worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (465)
51.38%
No (440)
48.62%

Watched Threads