how do i get high gcse teacher assesed grades....

Watch
kiraaaaaxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
as my target grades for gcses are all 3s how could i get higher grades for my gcses so that i could go to sixth form

im soo dumb i do soo bad on exams and tests in gcses lol im sooo sumb and i am muslim and i am scared if my parents will disown me lool

how could i revise for english literature -like how do i revise for quotes
maths-how could i get a 5 in maths now as i do foundation .....
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
What do you want to do after 6th form?

The way I revise for English Lit is to revise the main points as opposed to just the quotes. When using quotes, write them into the sentences (e.g.
Jane has a tendency to show little "restraint" and "compassion" suggesting her relationship with John is waning), as oppposed to writing it all out as a paragraph e.g.
Jane's relationship with John is waning, as demonstrated by John's remark.
"You show little restraint in your opinions and you lack any compassion."
For me, English Lit is more about understanding the ideas and the implications of those ideas. The quotes only provide you with the evidence.
I recommend you read some high grade answers for examples on how you could improve your writing.

With maths, it would depend on where your weaknesses are. If you don't understand a concept, it's better to revise and ask about those concepts. If it's about performance, then doing a lot of practice questions and papers would help a lot more.
kriss.tine
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by kiraaaaaxo)
as my target grades for gcses are all 3s how could i get higher grades for my gcses so that i could go to sixth form

im soo dumb i do soo bad on exams and tests in gcses lol im sooo sumb and i am muslim and i am scared if my parents will disown me lool

how could i revise for english literature -like how do i revise for quotes
maths-how could i get a 5 in maths now as i do foundation .....
Okay I got a 9 in both English lit and lang so I'll just tell you what I did.
First, watch the movie of whatever books you study, tv show (not too long tho!!) , whatever. Understand the general plot, remember the hottest characters (or the ones you like most/least) and get to grips with the main stories and themes. Trust me. Then, write or type up all the quotes you need to know, in order. It seems like a lot until you write them down. link them to the themes e.g. in Macbeth Guilt is a massive theme, so anything showing someone feels guilty. What books do u study? Maybe I can help! (I do have mocks tho). Mr Bruff english videos explain well, especially if you are more of an audio or visual learner. Seneca is really good for the teaching aspect of every subject, but you must do past paper questions. You can find english long mark questions anywhere, look at the specification and what it wants and practice hust doing everything there. A01, A02, etc.
Secondly, that negative language goes in the trash. I got a 3 on my first proper english assessment, this does not define you at all!!
Your parents won't disown you ( I'm black with parents that own a business they want me to take over, I kinda get you). They just want you to do well. Try asking them for help- that way they know that you really tried. Parents are actually very helpful. I never got above a 3 in business, me and my family would study together, we all just gave up, and I got a 7 because of the work!!
Maths you gotta practice every day. Do every question on maths and physics tutor, every past paper. I got an 8, and it was pure practice. Khan academy videos explain well!! I think foundation goes up to a 5 or 6? Download Z library the app on android, or search it up online, and find as many of your spec textbooks as you can and do the questions.
You have to do well in any next assessments, and also give past papers to your teachers to mark etc. They will see your improvement AND you get proper feedback, and that way you can show them more evidence than others almost- they will be more likely to be lenient with your grade due to this amount of evidence.

Anything else, let me know!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.77%
No (449)
48.23%

Watched Threads