The Student Room Group

Changing courses after applying

Hi,
I have applied for English Language and Linguistics at a number of different universities but now I’m undecided. I think I’d prefer to study English Literature and Creative Writing now!
I have applied to Queen Mary’s for language and linguistics however I’m now looking at their English literature and cw course (which my A-levels and predicted grades qualify for) and I’m wondering if it’s possible on results day to ask to swap to the other course (assuming I get the right grades). The entry requirements for Language and linguistics and literature and cw are exactly the same and they’ve already offered me a space for language and linguistics. I just want to know if it’s possible on results that that they’d let me swap to the other course or not.

Has anyone else had experience with this at Queen Mary’s or other universities? Or is the only other option through clearing/taking a gap year?

Any help is appreciated.
Original post by Ka3572
I’m now looking at their English literature and cw course and I’m wondering if it’s possible on results day to ask to swap to the other course

Ask now.
Normally this is very straightforward at this time of year and they will simply switch your course choice.
You are not risking your current choice - if they can't do it, your current choice will remain.

If you wait until August there is a big risk of that course not being in Clearing - and then you'd end up on a course you know you dont want to do.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Ask now.
Normally this is very straightforward at this time of year and they will simply switch your course choice.
You are not risking your current choice - if they can't do it, your current choice will remain.

If you wait until August there is a big risk of that course not being in Clearing - and then you'd end up on a course you know you dont want to do.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending