is this normal?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
I think i’m an empathetic person and I always try to care for my friends or people i don’t know e.g. by asking them how they are, checking up on them etc. But the thing is, with my family i’m completely different. I never ask my family and siblings how they are, I just don’t care and even if i do, i feel too awkward to ask. When they’re sick, I don’t really do anything either. Why am i so different with my family and friends? I don’t think my family has done anything to me when I was younger, but i don’t really remember much from my past.
I personally thought that perhaps its just because i feel more comfortable speaking about emotions with my friends? Idk. I’ve only had one “traumatic” experience which is me getting molested by my uncle ages like 6-13 but consciously i don’t feel as though that has impacted me much. I told my mum about it and she just said stay away from him then. Could it be that a part of me blames my mum? I couldn’t care less now, and i didn’t back then but you never know with your subconscious.
anyways i’m probably overthinking but long story short, why am i so heartless when it comes with family but not the same with friends? I’m fine with speaking to my family regularly and laughing about but it’s just the speaking about emotions part that is hard with them, eventhough they want to encourage it.
I don’t feel bad but I wish it were different.

Thank you for reading .
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Yeah it's normal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (156)
51.32%
No (148)
48.68%

Watched Threads