Is it bad to get a job and quit after 4 months?

Watch
Brocolli123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've just finished retaking my second year of university and have till late September free. I need money to help pay for the summer when I won't have enough loan to cover me. I can get enough money with a few months of full time work and would like some of the time off to work on projects. But is it looked down upon to get a job knowing you'll quit after a short period. I'd rather get part time but there's not many of those
h0ppyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Brocolli123)
I've just finished retaking my second year of university and have till late September free. I need money to help pay for the summer when I won't have enough loan to cover me. I can get enough money with a few months of full time work and would like some of the time off to work on projects. But is it looked down upon to get a job knowing you'll quit after a short period. I'd rather get part time but there's not many of those
to be honest it seems fine to me, and i'm planning on doing something like this myself!
i suppose the difficulty would be what to do if the employer asks in the job interview how long you plan on staying at the job for. maybe some employers won't be interested in someone who can only work for a short time, but other employers probably won't mind. it's just a case of finding the right place i guess.
you could always look into temp work? not sure how easy this would be at the moment given everyone's working at home but you could look into it?
hope it goes well! xx
Brocolli123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by h0ppyy)
to be honest it seems fine to me, and i'm planning on doing something like this myself!
i suppose the difficulty would be what to do if the employer asks in the job interview how long you plan on staying at the job for. maybe some employers won't be interested in someone who can only work for a short time, but other employers probably won't mind. it's just a case of finding the right place i guess.
you could always look into temp work? not sure how easy this would be at the moment given everyone's working at home but you could look into it?
hope it goes well! xx
Thanks thats reassuring. I've looked at temp jobs but most are 9-12 months which is too long. Part time is ideal but most are full time unfortunately. I can't really lie about me being a student so they can probably infer that I only can work so long from that. I think if I lied about how long I'm staying then it could be taken badly (unless I lie about why I'm leaving too) but it would give more chance of getting the job
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (43)
23.37%
Unhappy (52)
28.26%
Conflicted (89)
48.37%

Watched Threads