so its like 10-20 yrs in the future

Watch
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
and new technology allows you to be re-born again by transferring your consciousness to an embryo which then develops into a baby(dont ask for the specifics I aint that big brained) but the question is.... will you take it?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you been watching Altered Carbon?
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Have you been watching Altered Carbon?
I have no idea what that is lmao
CatGentleman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
100%. I'd want to relive my life but like have a second chance. I often think about that tbh.
concernedLMAO
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If I retain the intelligence of myself then yeah straight away. Having a kids body for a while would suck but worth it to delay death by 20 or so years
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
(Original post by CatGentleman)
100%. I'd want to relive my life but like have a second chance. I often think about that tbh.
I think about that a lot too
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hell no. There's a better than evens chance of being born into one of : a communist dictatorship, nutty Islamic state or general poverty. Second time round might not even last that long.

And if the lefties and fems get their way, you might just get aborted before you even get born.
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trinculo)
Hell no. There's a better than evens chance of being born into one of : a communist dictatorship, nutty Islamic state or general poverty. Second time round might not even last that long.

And if the lefties and fems get their way, you might just get aborted before you even get born.
you could assume that they're protocols around aborting it and also you'd only do it anyway if you were really sure you wanted to have a child, but yh I see what you mean with the second thing tho I assume it would be country specific or maybe you could request which country you'd like to be born in
superbo9y
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No.
Everywhere i have succeeded, i have enjoyed.
Everywhere i have lost, it is experience.

Good or bad, revisiting identical experiences is dull, no matter the context.
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nah, I'm okay with my 80 years (which will no doubt increase with medicine improving)
umchileanyways
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes and no.
I wouldn't take it in 20 years but I would take it when I have experienced this life fully which I presume is when I am old.
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruru06)
Yes and no.
I wouldn't take it in 20 years but I would take it when I have experienced this life fully which I presume is when I am old.
.yeah I see what you mean, maybe their would be some age requirement for you too take it but I dont see why that would be the case
Azylith
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It depends how life is in the future, right now it's difficult but I'm sure everyone is feeling that way so I'm kinda banking on sorting my life out and finally get to live for once. I wouldn't want to throw that chance away and redo the lengthy process again.

To summarize it: no bc cba
Anonymusy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No I wouldn't. Who knows what family I would have, what life I would have and what body id have. No, my life isn't perfect but I wouldn't want it any other way.
username5252878
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by concernedLMAO)
If I retain the intelligence of myself then yeah straight away. Having a kids body for a while would suck but worth it to delay death by 20 or so years
I have a child body even though I’m a fully grown adult 😊

I have to buy clothes that are for 9-10 years old.

No joke.
concernedLMAO
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
I have a child body even though I’m a fully grown adult 😊

I have to buy clothes that are for 9-10 years old.

No joke.
Wtf... Is it adult shaped (developed breasts and so on) but child sized or literally just like a child’s? I mean they both sound like they suck but I’m so sorry if it is the latter.
username5252878
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by concernedLMAO)
Wtf... Is it adult shaped (developed breasts and so on) but child sized or literally just like a child’s? I mean they both sound like they suck but I’m so sorry if it is the latter.
I meant my body shape itself is quite Petite. Therefore I can’t wear normal adult clothes as it will be far too big for me.
concernedLMAO
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
I meant my body shape itself is quite Petite. Therefore I can’t wear normal adult clothes as it will be far too big for me.
Awww
cleveranimal56
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've thought of this scenario on my own too, idk how ppl think so much alike xD And I would obviously take it up without a second of hesitation. You would literally be like the smartest kid in the world, and you would have so much spare time. Basically, kid celebrity
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't get it. Do you retain your memories? Where are you born - same country?

If I didn't retain any semblance of memory then definitely wouldn't - this planet's problems are only just beginning. Definitely wouldn't if I couldn't guarantee being born in the West.

If I retained memories I mean, presumably you'd still be an embryo, so unable to do anything. Even as a baby you'd be unable to see properly or walk... that'd be a tortuous few years. And then you'd hardly live a normal childhood anyway if you had the mind of an adult. Probably pass on that too tbh - that amount of life extension probably not worth at least 3 years of extreme sensory deprivation and disability.

Or maybe you meant something else from this scenario I don't know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (75)
11.9%
Virtual campus tours/open days (153)
24.29%
Live streaming events (51)
8.1%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (58)
9.21%
A uni comparison tool (146)
23.17%
An in-person event when available (147)
23.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise