Guy ignoring me or genuinely busy?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I’ve matched with this guy about 10 days ago and he was flirty, sending long messages, showing interest etc. About 5 days ago he asked for my snap and we’ve been talking on/off daily and recently (past 4 days in a row) he’s been taking about 5-8hrs to reply or sometimes, usually in the evenings replies within minutes.
I sort of hinted to the slow replies once and he said sorry for it and he’s had a lot on but his snap maps says hes regularly active.

He’s plays cricket as his full time job so he is busy but I’ve noticed he tends to not answer my questions about his day or weekend and focus on himself mainly.

I can’t tell if this guy is stringing me along or if he’s genuinely just busy
Can anyone, maybe a guy advise on what they thinks going on? I’m really confused
dacb2f2dd4
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I’ve matched with this guy about 10 days ago and he was flirty, sending long messages, showing interest etc. About 5 days ago he asked for my snap and we’ve been talking on/off daily and recently (past 4 days in a row) he’s been taking about 5-8hrs to reply or sometimes, usually in the evenings replies within minutes.
I sort of hinted to the slow replies once and he said sorry for it and he’s had a lot on but his snap maps says hes regularly active.

He’s plays cricket as his full time job so he is busy but I’ve noticed he tends to not answer my questions about his day or weekend and focus on himself mainly.

I can’t tell if this guy is stringing me along or if he’s genuinely just busy
Can anyone, maybe a guy advise on what they thinks going on? I’m really confused
So, obviously it's difficult to say for certain, as I've never met the fella, but the behaviour you've described does sound a bit like me!

Sometimes, I am SO on it with messages, and people get a response almost immediately, however if I'm busy, that goes right down the pan, and sometimes it might take 24hrs for me to reply! It's not that I can't be bothered, or that I'm stringing people along, it's just that when I'm busy, I know I won't be able to dedicate the time to a full reply, and I'd rather not rush a half-hearted one to someone I care about. Better, from this perspective, to leave the message until I'm less busy so I can think about what's been said in the message sent to me, and compose a suitable response.

Maybe this is what's going on here? But as I say, I don't know this bloke, so I may be well off the mark.
Hope this helps
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He’s plays cricket as his full time job
He's a player.
It's too early to establish what sort of player he is.

It's impossible to say whether he's a good catch or not.
He could be a catfish.

Bowl him a googly by suggesting that the 2 of you should meet up in real life.
He might have no balls and the 2 of you may never meet.

Or the 2 of you could end up having a good innings together...

Don't fret about him appearing to be out. Text messages and phone or video calls are only a means to meet each other in real life. It's when you spend time together in real life that you start finding out what a person is really like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (74)
11.78%
Virtual campus tours/open days (153)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.12%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (57)
9.08%
A uni comparison tool (146)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (147)
23.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise