TrishaChou1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
should year 10 gcses be made easier due to the lack of education we had due to the pandemic?
let me know what you think
isabel.b
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by TrishaChou1)
should year 10 gcses be made easier due to the lack of education we had due to the pandemic?
let me know what you think
No, they shouldn't. Once we go back to school on the 8th march, year 10s will have only done a half term plus 2 weeks of online school during GCSE years. The current year 11s in total had just under 2 terms of online school and we aren't getting easier GCSEs, we don't even know how grading is going to work due to them being cancelled and, chances are, we are going to have so many 'mini exams' which will probably be even more stressful than normal GCSEs.
Also, making them easier would have a knock-on effect on the year 10s for a long time since if they were to be made easier, it would probably be done by getting rid of some topics or decreasing the amount of content. If this were the case, these year 10s would have a reduced knowledge for Alevels and then potentially even for university. Having easier GCSEs would also be unfair for everyone else since for them, they would have had their exams on less content so the grades wouldn't be comparable against other years so it would be very difficult to consider applications for something that looks at GCSE grades when there are applicants that took their GCSEs in different years.
Making year 10's GCSEs easier would have a bad effect on so many people, especially the current year 10s. Even though it may seem beneficial for them right now, it will disadvantage them in the long term.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.77%
No (449)
48.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed