The Student Room Group

Would you rather 1 partner for life or 5?

Scroll to see replies

I think ecolier bot has possessed you :eyeball:
Reply 21
One.
Reply 22
Original post by Vapordave
I dislike both these options slightly but 1

Why is that?
But...but... I want a pagan-like, ancient/medieval Scottish ceremony in a forest with a druid! :cry:. Wife dresses up in those white, long dresses with flowers on her head and ****. I wear a kilt cuz it's badass and I have long hair cuz I just do anyway. We later take our clothes off and make lurve. It's all about the RP.

Seriously though, I don't really care about the papers and formalities if that's what you mean by marriage. I want to be in a committed life-long relationship if possible and that means marriage whether it's official and legal, whether you had a big fancy ceremony or not. I want the legal thing but it's not really required, it shows commitment and that you take this affair seriously. But it's not really needed.

I have my parents to blame for this. They've been married for like 30 years and although they have had loads of arguments, fights and so on they still are together.

I find that so beautiful, I envy and want it for myself :frown:.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Why is that?

For one, I really don't like the idea of either waiting a long time for that one lifetime partner or getting into a lifelong relationship young as things change substantially.
For five, I really hate the idea of spending 40-44 years in and out of relationships that are bound to end.
I'd rather spend 10-15 years doing a combination of dating and being single and then dating/marrying a lifelong partner.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I think ecolier bot has possessed you :eyeball:

What have you been possessing people with?

Propofol?!
I just think it's cute.

I know many couples who have been married successfully for 30+ years so my parents aren't the only ones but they're the closest to me and the biggest influence obviously.

I think the figure is 50% but it doesn't matter. 50, 60, it's still a scary number. So I know what I'm getting into I just don't think it has to be as morbid as you describe it.
1 and only :biggrin:
And when it doesn’t spread you inject them with propofol.
That’s exactly what an evil overlord hellbent on world domination would say :flute:
Original post by Mesopotamian.
That’s exactly what an evil overlord hellbent on world domination would say :flute:

Burnnnnn. 😭
Original post by Trinculo
5 and why is this even a question? It's better on every single level.

Care to explain how it's better, more variety, more romance? I think you're the only one with this opinion
Reply 32
i can't imagine being in a 10 year relationship and only having a year of being single before commiting yourself to a new relationship, then doing it again and again and again. that person needs mental health counseling. so basically the first one.
One.
What's the point of having 5??
Original post by CatGentleman
1, my biggest fear is getting divorced :frown:

same
On a serious note, I’d have 1. 😊

Men are too much to handle.

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
Care to explain how it's better, more variety, more romance? I think you're the only one with this opinion

Do I get to choose the new person every 10 years?
Just 1 for me. :h:
Original post by Trinculo
Do I get to choose the new person every 10 years?

yeah sure, it's a happy loving relationship of your dreams each time. I'm suprised more people didn't want 5 loves of their life rather than just 1.
I would say one, but that depends on that one person at the end of the day and what they are like. Right now I would want to stay in the relationship i'm in now forever, but nothing good last forever, sadly....

Quick Reply

Latest