Would you rather 1 partner for life or 5?

Watch
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
...focus on your career and TSR!
Ecolier is that you?
Advertisement
ashtolga23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As in one partner for life or five separate relationships at least 10 years long with not more than a year being alone between. All relationship's are passionate and you both fall deeply in love, the break ups occur mutually because the spark has run out but you remain amicable, except for the last one who you stay with till you die. So would you rather love just once or 5 times?
Once!!
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I dislike both these options slightly but 1
CatGentleman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I mean, don't do it man. Break the cycle! Do the things you enjoy doing instead, focus on the internet, your career and hobbies etc. forget marriage, it will just end in disappointment anyway.
Boy needs love, man. I can't do that.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Ecolier is that you?
Don't get married. Break the cycle guys. Rise above. Focus on TSR instead, less disappointment that way!
Advertisement
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by CatGentleman)
Boy needs love, man. I can't do that.
You don't need marriage to have love. If you really want a family, you can adopt or you can get into a committed relationship long-term without marriage and still have children. Or you can look into surrogate mothers if you want your own child to look after. You don't need marriage - it will just end up in divorce, expenses and disappointment. Keep that in mind if you get tricked into it - it's a trap!
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Don't get married. Break the cycle guys. Rise above. Focus on TSR instead, less disappointment that way!
I think ecolier bot has possessed you :eyeball:
Advertisement
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
One.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Vapordave)
I dislike both these options slightly but 1
Why is that?
Advertisement
CatGentleman
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
You don't need marriage to have love. If you really want a family, you can adopt or you can get into a committed relationship long-term without marriage and still have children. Or you can look into surrogate mothers if you want your own child to look after. You don't need marriage - it will just end up in divorce, expenses and disappointment. Keep that in mind if you get tricked into it - it's a trap!
But...but... I want a pagan-like, ancient/medieval Scottish ceremony in a forest with a druid! :cry:. Wife dresses up in those white, long dresses with flowers on her head and ****. I wear a kilt cuz it's badass and I have long hair cuz I just do anyway. We later take our clothes off and make lurve. It's all about the RP.

Seriously though, I don't really care about the papers and formalities if that's what you mean by marriage. I want to be in a committed life-long relationship if possible and that means marriage whether it's official and legal, whether you had a big fancy ceremony or not. I want the legal thing but it's not really required, it shows commitment and that you take this affair seriously. But it's not really needed.

I have my parents to blame for this. They've been married for like 30 years and although they have had loads of arguments, fights and so on they still are together.

I find that so beautiful, I envy and want it for myself .
Last edited by CatGentleman; 3 days ago
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by CatGentleman)
But...but... I want a pagan-like, ancient/medieval Scottish ceremony in a forest with a druid! :cry:. Wife dresses up in those white, long dresses with flowers on her head and ****. I wear a kilt cuz it's badass and I have long hair cuz I just do anyway. We later take our clothes off and make lurve. It's all about the RP.

Seriously though, I don't really care about the papers and formalities if that's what you mean by marriage. I want to be in a committed life-long relationship if possible and that means marriage whether it's official and legal, whether you had a big fancy ceremony or not. I want the legal thing but it's not really required, it shows commitment and that you take this affair seriously. But it's not really needed.

I have my parents to blame for this. They've been married for like 30 years and although they have had loads of arguments, fights and so on they still are together.

I find that so beautiful, I envy and want it for myself .
Mate, just read some fantasy novels, I'm into that stuff as well. If I wanna live multiple lifetimes with ancient / medieval themes, I'll ask Alexa to read me something and fall asleep to it.

My parents are the only people I know who've got a successful marriage tbh. They've been married almost 50 years now and still are. It's just not the same nowadays though, most marriages (not half, MOST!) end in divorce EVENTUALLY. But I understand what you mean, I was exactly the same because of my own parents and wanting that same commitment.
Advertisement
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Why is that?
For one, I really don't like the idea of either waiting a long time for that one lifetime partner or getting into a lifelong relationship young as things change substantially.
For five, I really hate the idea of spending 40-44 years in and out of relationships that are bound to end.
I'd rather spend 10-15 years doing a combination of dating and being single and then dating/marrying a lifelong partner.
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I think ecolier bot has possessed you :eyeball:
ecolier What have you been possessing people with?

Propofol?!
Advertisement
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
ecolier What have you been possessing people with?

Propofol?!
My love for :tsr2: spreads like wildfire, no need for possessing anyone!

They just see the light, Mesopotamian.
CatGentleman
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Mate, just read some fantasy novels, I'm into that stuff as well. If I wanna live multiple lifetimes with ancient / medieval themes, I'll ask Alexa to read me something and fall asleep to it.

My parents are the only people I know who've got a successful marriage tbh. They've been married almost 50 years now and still are. It's just not the same nowadays though, most marriages (not half, MOST!) end in divorce EVENTUALLY. But I understand what you mean, I was exactly the same because of my own parents and wanting that same commitment.
I just think it's cute.

I know many couples who have been married successfully for 30+ years so my parents aren't the only ones but they're the closest to me and the biggest influence obviously.

I think the figure is 50% but it doesn't matter. 50, 60, it's still a scary number. So I know what I'm getting into I just don't think it has to be as morbid as you describe it.
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
1 and only
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by ecolier)

And when it doesn’t spread you inject them with propofol.
Advertisement
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by ecolier)

That’s exactly what an evil overlord hellbent on world domination would say :flute:
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
That’s exactly what an evil overlord hellbent on world domination would say :flute:
Burnnnnn. 😭
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
5 and why is this even a question? It's better on every single level.
Care to explain how it's better, more variety, more romance? I think you're the only one with this opinion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (445)
51.86%
No (413)
48.14%

Watched Threads