can i do a-level product design when i am older??

Watch
kacey371
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i was doing product design in my 1st year of college and was getting A's, but then i developed major chronic anxiety and took a break from college 6 months after starting. I left the same time that lockdown was announced in late Feb/early March. I was looking through my old coursework and saw that i was really talented and creative (i'm not trying to sound self-absorbed or egotistical, i rarely compliment myself haha) and it made me think about whether i could take it in the future? i am currently studying a-level english lit and lang, media and film. i know that there are options to do a-levels in the future and was just wondering if i could do that?? i told my mum that a part of me misses being in the workshop and doing something creative with my hands, and she told me that i should've taken product design then, but i said no bc film is a big passion of mine, and then she said i can do it as a hobby and maybe study it in the future or find time around my studies. I'm wondering if anyone else has done the same, or is doing the same, bc i REALLY miss being in the workshop, i miss the smell of saw-dust haha
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You wouldn't get to study it for free at college as you'll have already had 3 years at college/sixth form.. It would also be almost impossible to take as a private candidate because of the NEA so I guess the answer is no, you couldn't do it later.
kacey371
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Compost)
You wouldn't get to study it for free at college as you'll have already had 3 years at college/sixth form.. It would also be almost impossible to take as a private candidate because of the NEA so I guess the answer is no, you couldn't do it later.
oh i see. well i guess i can always teach myself bc that's what i've been doing for the whole time we've been online learning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.28%
Unhappy (53)
28.04%
Conflicted (92)
48.68%

Watched Threads