molly123454
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have an interview for St George’s tomorrow and I am confused about the way it works, on their website it says about filming it however when they sent emails about the interview it sounded like an online interview with someone on Microsoft teams and there was no mention of it needing to be filmed, does someone know the process?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Subject?
molly123454
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Subject?
Healthcare sciences, i think I figured it out as I got confused but I don’t think I need to record it though as i don’t think it’s a multiple mini interview and the layout is different, I think I got confused as when I clicked on preparing for an interview it took me to the generic page about recording as most interviews are like that apart from healthcare sciences, please correct me if I’m wrong but that’s what I gathered
I(will)Prevail
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by molly123454)
Healthcare sciences, i think I figured it out as I got confused but I don’t think I need to record it though as i don’t think it’s a multiple mini interview and the layout is different, I think I got confused as when I clicked on preparing for an interview it took me to the generic page about recording as most interviews are like that apart from healthcare sciences, please correct me if I’m wrong but that’s what I gathered
Hey I had an interview with St. Georges for physioerapy last week. I was confused about the way it works too but ill try my best to explain it to you!

Maybe about 5minutes before your interview time you'll receive an email from St.Georges with a document containing your interview questions and separate link to a One Drive. For each question you're supposed to record a separate video and at the end when your finished with all the questions you upload them to the One Drive using the link you were sent in the email. The document with the interview questions on should specify to you how long each answer should be..

For the first question (video):

Press record.
Say your name.
Say your SGUL ID and your Interview ID (these are sent to you in the email you receive at the start of the interview).
Say the course you are applying for.
Show your ID to the camera, making sure it is clear and in focus. We need to be able to see your photo and read your name and date of birth.
Say 'question 1' clearly.
Read the question out loud. This is when your time limit to answer will start.
Answer the question as you would in a face-to-face interview.
Press stop.
Save the video as 'Interview ID. Q1'.

For all subsequent questions (videos):You should have one video per question, with the first video having your ID information at the start.
Press record.
Say the question number clearly.
Press stop.
Save the video as 'Interview ID.Qnumber' e.g. 'Interview ID.Q2', 'Interview ID.Q3' etc.
Repeat until all questions have been answered.
You should have one video per question, with the first video having your ID information at the start.

I made the mistake of only giving myself 20mins to upload the videos at the end but it ended up taking ALOT longer so make sure you stick to your timing and if you run out of time to upload them or its still uploading when the deadline passes make sure you email them and explain the issue and ask for an extension.

Heres a link to their website telling you how to record the videos and upload them: https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergr...your-interview
molly123454
Rep:
?
(Original post by I(will)Prevail)
Hey I had an interview with St. Georges for physioerapy last week. I was confused about the way it works too but ill try my best to explain it to you!

Maybe about 5minutes before your interview time you'll receive an email from St.Georges with a document containing your interview questions and separate link to a One Drive. For each question you're supposed to record a separate video and at the end when your finished with all the questions you upload them to the One Drive using the link you were sent in the email. The document with the interview questions on should specify to you how long each answer should be..

For the first question (video):

Press record.
Say your name.
Say your SGUL ID and your Interview ID (these are sent to you in the email you receive at the start of the interview).
Say the course you are applying for.
Show your ID to the camera, making sure it is clear and in focus. We need to be able to see your photo and read your name and date of birth.
Say 'question 1' clearly.
Press stop.
Save the video as 'Interview ID. Q1'.

For all subsequent questions (videos):You should have one video per question, with the first video having your ID information at the start.
Press record.
Say the question number clearly.
Press stop.
Save the video as 'Interview ID.Qnumber' e.g. 'Interview ID.Q2', 'Interview ID.Q3' etc.
Repeat until all questions have been answered.
You should have one video per question, with the first video having your ID information at the start.

I made the mistake of only giving myself 20mins to upload the videos at the end but it ended up taking ALOT longer so make sure you stick to your timing and if you run out of time to upload them or its still uploading when the deadline passes make sure you email them and explain the issue and ask for an extension.

Heres a link to their website telling you how to record the videos and upload them: https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergr...your-interview
Thank you!! This makes stuff a lot clearer I’m unsure now as to whether I will have to do this as I have a Microsoft teams meeting so I assume now that I won’t have to after hearing your interview process although I will prepare for this situation just incase, do you hear back as to whether you get an offer straight away?
I(will)Prevail
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you!! This makes stuff a lot clearer I’m unsure now as to whether I will have to do this as I have a Microsoft teams meeting so I assume now that I won’t have to after hearing your interview process although I will prepare for this situation just incase, do you hear back as to whether you get an offer straight away?
I haven't heard anything back yet but they said it can take up to 8 weeks :/

I hope it goes well for you tomorrow!
molly123454
Rep:
?
I haven't heard anything back yet but they said it can take up to 8 weeks :/

I hope it goes well for you tomorrow!
Oh wow I didn’t realise it was that long :/ and thank you!! You too if you have anymore interviews
I(will)Prevail
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh wow I didn’t realise it was that long :/ and thank you!! You too if you have anymore interviews
haha yeah as we speak im prepping for an interview with Southampton tomorrow so thanks!
molly123454
Rep:
?
haha yeah as we speak im prepping for an interview with Southampton tomorrow so thanks!
Goodluck!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (46)
22.44%
Unhappy (56)
27.32%
Conflicted (103)
50.24%

Watched Threads