Lockdown dating help

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Before lockdown I was starting to date someone. We'd been out a few times and it was going so well, then lockdown happened. We've continued to talk every single day, and have continued getting to know eachother.

In the past couple of weeks I had noticed a difference in his mood. He texts me a lot less and some days I don't even hear from him. I know lockdown is so hard on all of us, but naturally I assumed he was beginning to lose interest as I haven't seen him in months.

I asked if I could come and see him after lockdown, we've spoken about it briefly before at the beginning of lockdown, but now it's starting to come to an end I thought I'd bring it up. He told me he was going through a tough time at the moment and he wasn't thinking about any future plans. Of course that upset me, because I don't want to waste my time. But at the same time I just wanted to help him

He hasn't told me what's wrong. But I suspect it could be depression. He posts on social media about depression awareness, and he does seem withdrawn and low. Having had depression myself (which he doesn't know) I know what it's like to be in a dark place and I don't want him to feel like that. I want to help him. I've offered to be there for him if he wants to talk, but I'm not sure what else I can do. I do really like him, and I'd love to see where this went. Has anyone got any advice?
theproblemchild
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Before lockdown I was starting to date someone. We'd been out a few times and it was going so well, then lockdown happened. We've continued to talk every single day, and have continued getting to know eachother.

In the past couple of weeks I had noticed a difference in his mood. He texts me a lot less and some days I don't even hear from him. I know lockdown is so hard on all of us, but naturally I assumed he was beginning to lose interest as I haven't seen him in months.

I asked if I could come and see him after lockdown, we've spoken about it briefly before at the beginning of lockdown, but now it's starting to come to an end I thought I'd bring it up. He told me he was going through a tough time at the moment and he wasn't thinking about any future plans. Of course that upset me, because I don't want to waste my time. But at the same time I just wanted to help him

He hasn't told me what's wrong. But I suspect it could be depression. He posts on social media about depression awareness, and he does seem withdrawn and low. Having had depression myself (which he doesn't know) I know what it's like to be in a dark place and I don't want him to feel like that. I want to help him. I've offered to be there for him if he wants to talk, but I'm not sure what else I can do. I do really like him, and I'd love to see where this went. Has anyone got any advice?
Exact same thing happened to me. We ended up breaking up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (74)
11.78%
Virtual campus tours/open days (153)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.12%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (57)
9.08%
A uni comparison tool (146)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (147)
23.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise