UAR
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone

I am very nervous as just what happened today. Can anybody please help so that I can sleep.

I was driving a car and about to turn right. I mistakenly interpret the green signal for straight traffic and about to take right then just I cross the line and about to right then I realise that the signal is still closed as traffic was coming from the opposite direction and then I put in reverse and bring the car before the line.

I don't know whether flash hit on my car or not but very nervous now. can somebody please help as I am more concerned for 3 points on my license.
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by UAR)
I don't know whether flash hit on my car or not but very nervous now. can somebody please help as I am more concerned for 3 points on my license.
wdum? whats flash lol x
username5252878
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by UAR)
Hi everyone

I am very nervous as just what happened today. Can anybody please help so that I can sleep.

I was driving a car and about to turn right. I mistakenly interpret the green signal for straight traffic and about to take right then just I cross the line and about to right then I realise that the signal is still closed as traffic was coming from the opposite direction and then I put in reverse and bring the car before the line.

If you get a ticket in the post that means you’re caught and have to learn a lesson from this costly mistake.

If not, you got lucky.
UAR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
If you get a ticket in the post that means you’re caught and have to learn a lesson from this costly mistake.

If not, you got lucky.
Is there is anyway I can save the points on my license
Sint
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What was the flash? I don't think any kind of cameras on roads exist other than speed cameras, but this was a traffic light mistake, not a speeding incident, so I don't think there's any way you would've been caught by something?
UAR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
wdum? whats flash lol x
I mean traffic flash light
UAR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sint)
What was the flash? I don't think any kind of cameras on roads exist other than speed cameras, but this was a traffic light mistake, not a speeding incident, so I don't think there's any way you would've been caught by something?
But I have crossed the red light !!
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sint)
Red light cameras exist.
Sint
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Red light cameras exist.
Oh! You'd hope I'd know that after 4 years of driving...

OP, you might be offered to do the "Driver's awareness course" as an alternative to having points on your licence. But don't worry if not, having a few points isn't the end of the world, it shouldn't increase your car insurance cost by much when it comes to renew.
UAR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sint)

OP, you might be offered to do the "Driver's awareness course" as an alternative to having points on your licence. But don't worry if not, having a few points isn't the end of the world, it shouldn't increase your car insurance cost by much when it comes to renew.
Oh ****!! I was very cautious about these thing and the more you concern about anything it will happen sonner or later ☹️. How would I know that I breached other than post to wait . Is there is any way I can appeal that this is honest mistake and my intention is not to breach the car it is just thé positioning of lights which cause the confusion.
UAR
Rep:
?
(Original post by UAR)
Oh ****!! I was very cautious about these thing and the more you concern about anything it will happen sonner or later ☹️. How would I know that I breached other than post to wait . Is there is any way I can appeal that this is honest mistake and my intention is not to breach the car it is just thé positioning of lights which cause the confusion.
And why there is no flash as far as I remember.
Sint
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by UAR)
Unfortunately there's no way to find out sooner, you'll just have to wait and see if you get a letter. I would guess that these cameras are positioned to catch cars that properly drive through the lights, not just go over the line a bit, but really I don't know..

I guess it would be worth appealing if you did get caught, seeing as you didn't actually go through the light enough to cause a traffic hazard, right?

Do try not to worry too much though, it isn't a huge deal, loads of people have a few points on their licence
UAR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sint)
Unfortunately there's no way to find out sooner, you'll just have to wait and see if you get a letter. I would guess that these cameras are positioned to catch cars that properly drive through the lights, not just go over the line a bit, but really I don't know..

I guess it would be worth appealing if you did get caught, seeing as you didn't actually go through the light enough to cause a traffic hazard, right?

Do try not to worry too much though, it isn't a huge deal, loads of people have a few points on their licence
Thanks Sint 😊. And does it mean that if cameras are not flash then nothing has happened . Idk but I am pretty sure that there was no flash .
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by UAR)
There's no appeal. This is a strict liability offence.
Sint
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by UAR)
Thanks Sint 😊. And does it mean that if cameras are not flash then nothing has happened . Idk but I am pretty sure that there was no flash .
Most traffic cameras flash, but not all.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sint)
There's standard CCTV all over the place as well, and a separate system of road camera just to monitor use, we have one of the highest ratios of camera to people in the world.
TheDE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
By your understanding of traffic lights I wish they could make you take another driving test or maybe get some instruction.
6lack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just look on your local police site it will tell you where the cameras are
UAR
Rep:
?
(Original post by 6lack)
Just look on your local police site it will tell you where the cameras are
I have searched it . There was a camera a signal behind but not at that one . Thinks I am safe ??
Thank you so much 6lack!!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Red light cameras exist.
Yeah they do.
A girl I used to work with got caught by one once.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (38)
25.68%
Unhappy (40)
27.03%
Conflicted (70)
47.3%

Watched Threads