Leeds Accommodation - IQ, The Tannery?

Watch
dykeon1c
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've been looking through the Leeds accommodation website for a while now and seem to have whittled it down to two choices that I don't really hear a lot about online.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about their experiences in either IQ Leeds or The Tannery - the distance from the uni doesn't matter, as I would enjoy the 15/20 minutes it would take me to walk from either.
I'm applying for English Language and Literature, and I've heard that The Tannery seems to have a lot of med/nursing students - is this true? And it seems to be nobody's first choice, which is mildly concerning, to say the least.
I've not heard a lot about IQ Leeds at all, and the fact that it only has 5 photos on the Leeds website is NO help whatsoever. I'm unsure if it's known to be over/under subscribed as there just seems to be a general lack of information about it wherever I look.

Thanks in advance!
mscully
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
IQ leeds has its own independent website with more information on it, I'm not sure if that will help? I'm going to uni in september too so don't know much more than you. I liked the tannery but I think because it's close to the hospital there's a lot of med students. I also read somewhere it's a quieter accommodation. I dont have much info cause I'm in the same boat as you but hope this helped a little bit! It's a shame we can't visit anywhere as that would help a lot
dykeon1c
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by mscully)
IQ leeds has its own independent website with more information on it, I'm not sure if that will help? I'm going to uni in september too so don't know much more than you. I liked the tannery but I think because it's close to the hospital there's a lot of med students. I also read somewhere it's a quieter accommodation. I dont have much info cause I'm in the same boat as you but hope this helped a little bit! It's a shame we can't visit anywhere as that would help a lot
Ah that makes sense thank you! It's a super shame yeah, I would have loved to at least peek into the places but hey ho we make do! Whatcha applied to study?
mscully
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dykeon1c)
Ah that makes sense thank you! It's a super shame yeah, I would have loved to at least peek into the places but hey ho we make do! Whatcha applied to study?
economics
I also quited liked leodis for accommodation but I think that's quite popular. Good luck with English!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.28%
Unhappy (53)
28.04%
Conflicted (92)
48.68%

Watched Threads