The Student Room Group

Broadcast journalist

I would love to be a broadcast journalist, like the peoples on who reads out the news on the TV. But I have no idea how to become one, I’ve been told that a journalism degree is not a good idea, so do you have any others??
Original post by SiennaEveKelly
I would love to be a broadcast journalist, like the peoples on who reads out the news on the TV. But I have no idea how to become one, I’ve been told that a journalism degree is not a good idea, so do you have any others??

I have seen degrees for "Investigative journalism", which would be more focussed in that area. I've also seen many apprenticeships/internships at the BBC/Channel 4/ITV, so you could have a look on their career websites and keep an eye out for any of those jobs as that would be the best way in seeing as you'd be getting first hand experience.

Hope I have helped.

- Verity :smile:
Original post by Kingston University
I have seen degrees for "Investigative journalism", which would be more focussed in that area. I've also seen many apprenticeships/internships at the BBC/Channel 4/ITV, so you could have a look on their career websites and keep an eye out for any of those jobs as that would be the best way in seeing as you'd be getting first hand experience.

Hope I have helped.

- Verity :smile:

Thank you
Original post by SiennaEveKelly
Thank you

no worries, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending