craigmiles20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am looking into starting preparing for a bsc in building surveying this coming September and I am looking for books to read to better prepare myself for the part time course. Have you any suggestions or guidance you could provide to support me further with my preparation activities
timleebcu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm never quite sure how much to recommend for this sort of question as once you start you should be able to access ebooks etc of all the necessary resources.

Do sign up for student membership of RICS and CIOB - that should give you access to some things.

If you still want something I think Real Estate Concepts (Jowsey et al) is a really good starting point. OK - I know it has real estate in the title but essentially you get a chapter on everything - a bit of law, a bit of construction, a bit of building surveying, quantity surveying, development etc.
route255
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by craigmiles20)
I am looking into starting preparing for a bsc in building surveying this coming September and I am looking for books to read to better prepare myself for the part time course. Have you any suggestions or guidance you could provide to support me further with my preparation activities
Hollis books, Building Surveys and reports.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed