Accidentally went low carb

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m loosing weight atm (successfully!) and i’ve realised i’ve accidentally gone ‘low carb’ in a way. by that i mean i don’t really eat refined carbs like bread, pasta etc. but tbh also things like quinoa sweet potato

not because i woke up one day a chose to cut it out (this isn’t a diet smh) i do eat it when i want them (e.g today when i had tacos and last week when i was craving salmon flatbread gryos) but i realised i used to mainly eat bread rice cereal etc because it’s the norm i guess like how it’s just the norm to have rice with curry, but i don’t even like rice so it was an obvious thing to stop eating when deciding to loose weight.
i feel fine and im eating lots of fruit and veg (i literally love salads so much) and protein but is this bad for me health wise and weight loss wise?

like there’s no point in me adding refined carbs if i don’t even like them and it adds unnecessary calories.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Hey, I also just don’t like refined carbs much so basically never eat them and I’ve never been pulled up on it. I have had several blood and other various medical tests as well as seeing multiple doctors (due to other health conditions nothing to do with my diet) and so I guess if there was something wrong with me diet wise someone would have noticed by now. I think as long as you don’t start feeling ill / dizzy or anything you should be fine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I also just don’t like refined carbs much so basically never eat them and I’ve never been pulled up on it. I have had several blood and other various medical tests as well as seeing multiple doctors (due to other health conditions nothing to do with my diet) and so I guess if there was something wrong with me diet wise someone would have noticed by now. I think as long as you don’t start feeling ill / dizzy or anything you should be fine
wait same haha (about the blood tests) hope you’re alright!
thanks for the reassurance

so irritating as my parents noticed and go on about me being ‘low carb’ and that i’m so healthy (i do eat pretty healthily but it’s annoying that their idea of health is no carbs) AND when i do sometimes have refined carbs they make a big deal about it 🥲🥲
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
No problem and yeah I’m alright, it was all for a fibromyalgia diagnosis so loads of blood tests lol. One week I did cook dinner every day for a week so I could explore more recipes without bread and stuff (I found the Keto diet to be pretty great, not something I follow but it’s essentially just the food I like so replacing bread with lettuce or pasta with courgette and stuff which was really good) and I recommend doing that as it was good fun and my parents didn’t really mind what they got because they didn’t have to cook for a week haha so you could try that? I called it a ✨learning experience for university✨
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
No problem and yeah I’m alright, it was all for a fibromyalgia diagnosis so loads of blood tests lol. One week I did cook dinner every day for a week so I could explore more recipes without bread and stuff (I found the Keto diet to be pretty great, not something I follow but it’s essentially just the food I like so replacing bread with lettuce or pasta with courgette and stuff which was really good) and I recommend doing that as it was good fun and my parents didn’t really mind what they got because they didn’t have to cook for a week haha so you could try that? I called it a ✨learning experience for university✨
ah i feel u, our veins must be dead ☠️
yeah i looking up keto recipes are actually quite helpful haha, i’d rlly recommend cauliflower rice btw it’s got more of a bite than normal rice i could eat it all day 😋 i cook myself proper lunches and for dinner i just have the protein + veggies that my parents make but yeah i might cook for my family for a week to see although i try new recipes for myself like 3x a week (love to meal prep haha) unis gonna be fun
any recipe ideas? happy to listen & share my own too!!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I’d say try either stuffed peppers/courgette or frittatas. Frittatas are basically baked omelettes but they’re really good and so easy to make. You can also get loads of varied recipes for both of them to find the ingredients you like best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (75)
11.9%
Virtual campus tours/open days (153)
24.29%
Live streaming events (51)
8.1%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (58)
9.21%
A uni comparison tool (146)
23.17%
An in-person event when available (147)
23.33%