danaxmx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys!
Ive been accepted to study dentistry in english at Universidad Europea De Valencia starting 2021, and im wondering if anyone else has applied?
Im also wondering what the university is actually like? Im worried that i need to know how to speak spanish fluently for the last two years? im panicking a little bit and starting to doubt my choice. Would really appreciate it if people reached out
username5657356
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by danaxmx)
Hey guys!
Ive been accepted to study dentistry in english at Universidad Europea De Valencia starting 2021, and im wondering if anyone else has applied?
Im also wondering what the university is actually like? Im worried that i need to know how to speak spanish fluently for the last two years? im panicking a little bit and starting to doubt my choice. Would really appreciate it if people reached out
Hi, I am in the same position.

If you are doubtful about UEV because you have heard about UCV being 100% in English then I can relate to this. However, this is what was written on the A-star future website with regards to UCV and I find this to be very telling: ''All academic courses are in English, and all exams are in English, and Spanish is only essential for clinical experience in the latter years. However, you will be living in a Spanish environment for five years and it would be extremely foolish to assume that you can survive in English for all this time. Even without the requirement to deal with patients in clinics, you should be making the effort to learn the language from day one. You will need to reach a certain level of Spanish by the end of Year 3 in order to access the clinical phase of the degree. Spanish is important for your studies but it is vital for your quality of life as well. If you don't want to learn the language, we would prefer it if you applied somewhere else''.

They are implying that even at UCV, you need to be at a certain level with regards to your Spanish to continue into the clinical years. Even so, I am unsure on whether the exams and theory will take part in English at UEV during the last two years and so I'm confused as well, however I hope this help give you some clarity.
danaxmx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
honestly, it just feels good to know that im not the only one who feels like this. Because i really am excited to go to UEV, but i couldn't help but wonder if i applied to the wrong one. But actually after messaging one of the admissions staff, they told me it will be to be able to interact with patients but the theoretical part is in english! Are you going to attend UEV for dentistry this autumn?
username5657356
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I asked them too and I'm just relieved in knowing that the theory will be in English and yea, I'll be joining this Autumn It'd be nice to get in contact with the others who will be joining UEV alongside us this year and yea, I'm really looking forward to it
Meharjotbachu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I might also be joining to do dentistry in the Autumn at UEV. I have to do the Pap test and the Spanish proficiency test? From your experience, were the tests really hard? Were they easy? As I have to complete these by the 17th March and I am stressing out
danaxmx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Meharjotbachu)
Hi,

I might also be joining to do dentistry in the Autumn at UEV. I have to do the Pap test and the Spanish proficiency test? From your experience, were the tests really hard? Were they easy? As I have to complete these by the 17th March and I am stressing out
Hi sorry for the late reply, hope the tests went okay! They werent too difficult. Did you get a reply about whether or not you got in?
danaxmx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by username5657356)
I asked them too and I'm just relieved in knowing that the theory will be in English and yea, I'll be joining this Autumn It'd be nice to get in contact with the others who will be joining UEV alongside us this year and yea, I'm really looking forward to it
Im really excited as well!! Wanna add each other on insta?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (80)
42.78%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (32)
17.11%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (72)
38.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed