Opening a bank account with CIFAS marker.

Watch
warna93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I've recently been marked for CIFAS, where I was scammed by someone who used my account, which resulted the bank x to close my basic account. My life has turned upside down as I’m a university student at second year, I have no understanding or any clue what to expect in the next month or so. At the moment the bank has declared through phone that I will be marked and added to the CIFAS database. Did check my credit report, where it implies that bank will update at 10th next month, so no CIFAS data at the moment.

Student account, Student Finance, tuition fees and maintenance loan:
On top of that, I’ve read articles implying that CIFAS marker will close all major high street banks where my student account is one of them(HSBC). Coming May, Student Finance will pay the tuition fees to my university, but not sure if that’s possible if HSBC closes the student account due to CIFAS.

Current application:
Even Though, I have applied to Nationwide, Monzo, and Card one banks. The bank Nationwide is a major high street bank where I have read articles that they close the accounts after being notified by CIFAS marker, even if the marker was initiated from another bank. Although like I said the banks x has still not updated about the CIFAS marker. Fortunately, I was notified that my Nationwide account was successfully created today, yet I am not sure whether if they will close my account when they see my CIFAS marker present when credit report is updates. Still waiting for Monzo and Card one…

My question:
If there is anyone who can relate to me about being scammed and marked by CIFAS or anyone who can offer me any advice regarding opening a bank with a CIFAS marker – did the new bank close your account or are they still open? Do they check CIFAS? – Please reach back to me because I’m clueless and in despair.

Any help appreciated.
Emran_hh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 45 minutes ago
Well this happened to me. I’m 16 I had a Lloyds card and a monzo and someone told me to put money in my monzo and transfer it to my Lloyds this lead to both my accounts being closed. After that I applied to basically every bank and they all rejected then like like week Santander accepted me and just got a call today saying they’ve closed my account coz of a cifas marker. So here I am trying to find out which bank account I can open
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (549)
50.88%
No (530)
49.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise