Your imagination

Watch
jackmarshal757
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Here’s an interesting question, how big is your imagination? What is the most that you can imagine?
mstickbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
darkness
mstickbug
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mstickbug)
darkness
Nvm I just imagined a table
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
(Original post by mstickbug)
Nvm I just imagined a table
Interesting, now try to imagine what’s on the table
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
Idk if I’m anything special, but I can imagine whole worlds and much more
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
infinite
iamthicccccc1405
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I like to think i'm pretty big brain when it comes to my imagination... I've always been creative and a imaginative since I was a child.
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
infinite
There are limits to the human imagination, so what is the most you can imagine?
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
(Original post by iamthicccccc1405)
I like to think i'm pretty big brain when it comes to my imagination... I've always been creative and a imaginative since I was a child.
What’s the most you can imagine though?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jackmarshal757)
There are limits to the human imagination, so what is the most you can imagine?
everything
iamthicccccc1405
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What’s the most you can imagine though?
well personally I don't think there is a way to set a limit on how much you can imagine I think it just depends on the person, like I've met some people who can barely picture a rock in their head but some people I know can see universes and other planets and can describe a very convincing alien, so honestly I don't know what my limit is.
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
(Original post by iamthicccccc1405)
well personally I don't think there is a way to set a limit on how much you can imagine I think it just depends on the person, like I've met some people who can barely picture a rock in their head but some people I know can see universes and other planets and can describe a very convincing alien, so honestly I don't know what my limit is.
Imagine how boring it must be to only be able to picture a rock. I’m able to have a lot of fun with my imagination, creating whole world and universes in my head from scratch. Endless hours of fun if bored
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Imagine how boring it must be to only be able to picture a rock. I’m able to have a lot of fun with my imagination, creating whole world and universes in my head from scratch. Endless hours of fun if bored
you do realise that everyone can right
iamthicccccc1405
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
lol me too but tbh that guy that could only picture a rock was kinda slow ngl
iamthicccccc1405
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
no but he could ONLY and BARELY picture a rock he was unimaginative 100%
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
Well then that’s good to know, I was only asking if everyone was the same.

There are varying degrees of imagination though
Last edited by jackmarshal757; 1 week ago
kolme
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not imaginative enough to be able to imagine a good example for an answer to this question
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
(Original post by kolme)
Not imaginative enough to be able to imagine a good example for an answer to this question
Fair enough, I guess you answered the question then 🤷*♂️
Kanairee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you ever head of something called Aphantasia? People who have it, to varying degrees, have no visual memory whatsoever. They're incapable of imagining anything with a visual component, for some it extends to audible memory as well. They wouldn't be able to remember what your face looked like to draw it, nor do they necessarily dream in the same way others do. A friend of mine can't recall music, if you were to mention a song to him, where you'd normally be able to hear it in your head, he can't do it. When he reads, he doesn't imagine what's being described. However, he does suffer from night terrors, which is interesting, since that does involve imagination. So, it's not that the imagination is the problem, it's that a very specific mental state is necessary for it to be possible, the problem lies in voluntary visualization. People who have this can go for years not even knowing they do.
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kanairee)
Have you ever head of something called Aphantasia? People who have it, to varying degrees, have no visual memory whatsoever. They're incapable of imagining anything with a visual component, for some it extends to audible memory as well. They wouldn't be able to remember what your face looked like to draw it, nor do they necessarily dream in the same way others do. A friend of mine can't recall music, if you were to mention a song to him, where you'd normally be able to hear it in your head, he can't do it. When he reads, he doesn't imagine what's being described. However, he does suffer from night terrors, which is interesting, since that does involve imagination. So, it's not that the imagination is the problem, it's that a very specific mental state is necessary for it to be possible, the problem lies in voluntary visualization. People who have this can go for years not even knowing they do.
Wow that’s very interesting, but at the same time might be quite boring?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (72)
12.29%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.23%
Live streaming events (51)
8.7%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.39%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.21%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.18%