Rd9
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so i'm deciding to drop out of uni this year (i've already reapplied for next year) and am thinking of taking a gap year. I was wondering since it's already nearly March would it be too late to have a proper gap year, i.e go travelling. Since i want to find a job first to save up to go travelling, but most people start working at the start of the year to save up money to go travelling towards the end, so i'm not sure I would have enough time to save up enough money to go travelling. Also I was wanting to know around how much money would I need to go travelling for a gap year, and does anyone have any reccomended agencies? I was also thinking of working abroad, does anyone have experience in this and how to go around it?
jlggr4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rd9)
so i'm deciding to drop out of uni this year (i've already reapplied for next year) and am thinking of taking a gap year. I was wondering since it's already nearly March would it be too late to have a proper gap year, i.e go travelling. Since i want to find a job first to save up to go travelling, but most people start working at the start of the year to save up money to go travelling towards the end, so i'm not sure I would have enough time to save up enough money to go travelling. Also I was wanting to know around how much money would I need to go travelling for a gap year, and does anyone have any reccomended agencies? I was also thinking of working abroad, does anyone have experience in this and how to go around it?
I don't think we'll know until June 21 whether the roadmap out of Lockdown had worked and if international travel is allowed x
nathanh016
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by jlggr4)
I don't think we'll know until June 21 whether the roadmap out of Lockdown had worked and if international travel is allowed x
There's going to be a review of international travel in April, the 17th I think, for possibly the earliest travel date a month later in May probably just to a few destinations. But obviously at that point there'll still be heavy restrictions in other countries so personally I plan to travel in the summer, probably in July for about a month. A trip like that shouldn't cost more than 1k so OP you should have plenty of time to make enough money for that sort of trip if you're still living with your parents.
Rd9
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by nathanh016)
There's going to be a review of international travel in April, the 17th I think, for possibly the earliest travel date a month later in May probably just to a few destinations. But obviously at that point there'll still be heavy restrictions in other countries so personally I plan to travel in the summer, probably in July for about a month. A trip like that shouldn't cost more than 1k so OP you should have plenty of time to make enough money for that sort of trip if you're still living with your parents.
yeah but i'm finding it so hard to get a job. I've probably applied to over 100 jobs and still no luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (132)
24.26%
Live streaming events (47)
8.64%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (127)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (120)
22.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise