wemove
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
at gcse i got A*A*A*A*A*AAAB, are these good enough for dentistry? I saw on a website that an average medicine/dental students has 7-9A*'s? is this true?
guuy29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by wemove)
at gcse i got A*A*A*A*A*AAAB, are these good enough for dentistry? I saw on a website that an average medicine/dental students has 7-9A*'s? is this true?
Go look at the entry requirements at universities you're interested in. I don't think its necessary to have 7-9 A*'s. Most are looking for at least grade B in Science, English and Math's only at GCSE's. You'll probably need at least 3 A'Levels in Biology or Chemistry and either Physics or Math's at grade AAA. However, It's dependent on the Uni and they all vary.
heldbygrace
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is a list of what all the unis require for dentistry:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...y-requirements

Some unis place more weight on GCSEs than others, but ultimately your A-levels and UCAT and interviews carry a lot more weight. So as long as you study hard to meet the required A-level grades, prepare well for your UCAT, prepare and present well at interview and get some good work experience and volunteering to support your personal statement you should be fine. Your GCSEs are very good anyway, your number of A* far out weighs your number of Bs and As. Good luck!
wemove
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by heldbygrace)
This is a list of what all the unis require for dentistry:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...y-requirements

Some unis place more weight on GCSEs than others, but ultimately your A-levels and UCAT and interviews carry a lot more weight. So as long as you study hard to meet the required A-level grades, prepare well for your UCAT, prepare and present well at interview and get some good work experience and volunteering to support your personal statement you should be fine. Your GCSEs are very good anyway, your number of A* far out weighs your number of Bs and As. Good luck!
thanks for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (74)
11.88%
Virtual campus tours/open days (153)
24.56%
Live streaming events (51)
8.19%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
8.83%
A uni comparison tool (146)
23.43%
An in-person event when available (144)
23.11%