Don’t know what I want in life/what is my reason to be here

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Guys I know this sounds stupid but please help I’m struggling so much trying to find a reason as to why I’m here like I feel like I don’t really bring much to the world.

I don’t know what job I want to do and how I’m going to achieve that.
I have no friends I can meet.
I’m in a relationship since I was 13 to now (19) and I worry if I’m going to regret it.
Scared of bad things happening.
I’m not succeeding the way other people are.
I’m not the most attractive person (not ugly but)

There’s more but I just honestly feel so lost and empty( please, has anyone felt like this what do I do
Hope.03
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Everyone has dips in their life where they feel empty, the pandemic not making this any easier. Its important however that you focus on the good rather than the bad. Think of positive things that you want from life like what holiday you'd want to go on or think about your future like if you want to have any pets or where you want to live, make a list of any dreams or aspirations you have and look forward to that. Its okayy not to know what to do, it might seem scary at first but its part of the process, it'll come with time
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Hope.03)
Everyone has dips in their life where they feel empty, the pandemic not making this any easier. Its important however that you focus on the good rather than the bad. Think of positive things that you want from life like what holiday you'd want to go on or think about your future like if you want to have any pets or where you want to live, make a list of any dreams or aspirations you have and look forward to that. Its okayy not to know what to do, it might seem scary at first but its part of the process, it'll come with time
I’ve felt like this for a couple years but right now it’s the worst I’ve ever felt! I’ll try that, thank you!
Hope.03
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve felt like this for a couple years but right now it’s the worst I’ve ever felt! I’ll try that, thank you!
If you ever feel like talking and dont know who to talk to, u can always pm me!
2003a39
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, my tablet has an issue with that... Not many of us make a significant impact in the world, there's nothing wrong with that, you're living for yourself at the end of the day. If you're still clueless, ask your parents, they should give an honest answer. If you're unsure what to do regarding education, you can take a gap year and maybe do something in the meantime (e.g. a full-time job) and decide what you'd like to do in that time, unless you're not willing to delay your time you finish education. You're 19, so you've still got years to think about your relationships, tell your partner about your general concerns, they're here to advise as well. I used to be scared of bad things happening a lot, I suggest trying to think about what you're going to do today rather than thinking about the future, as that can get overwhelming. If you're overthinking about certain situations, but you know the solution, try your best to resolve them as soon as possible. Try not to compare yourself to others, it only brings out negativity. I'm failing two of my three AS-Levels, so I'm not in the best situation myself. If you're in a relationship, there's likely to be physical attraction so I wouldn't worry there. This is really specific but I also felt like this about a month ago, my dad told me that my Vitamin D levels were borderline acceptable, hence why I felt the way I did. So I started taking Vitamin D3 capsules from Holland & Barrett and to my surprise, I felt happier than usual, the effects won't be as drastic after a while, but it's definitely worth a shot.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Hope.03)
If you ever feel like talking and dont know who to talk to, u can always pm me!
I appreciate that so so much thank you!!! Your so kind
Paul Cheenis
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
There's this quote from the movie Ratatouille, "Not everyone can become a great chef, but a great chef can come from anywhere".
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by 2003a39)
Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, my tablet has an issue with that... Not many of us make a significant impact in the world, there's nothing wrong with that, you're living for yourself at the end of the day. If you're still clueless, ask your parents, they should give an honest answer. If you're unsure what to do regarding education, you can take a gap year and maybe do something in the meantime (e.g. a full-time job) and decide what you'd like to do in that time, unless you're not willing to delay your time you finish education. You're 19, so you've still got years to think about your relationships, tell your partner about your general concerns, they're here to advise as well. I used to be scared of bad things happening a lot, I suggest trying to think about what you're going to do today rather than thinking about the future, as that can get overwhelming. If you're overthinking about certain situations, but you know the solution, try your best to resolve them as soon as possible. Try not to compare yourself to others, it only brings out negativity. I'm failing two of my three AS-Levels, so I'm not in the best situation myself. If you're in a relationship, there's likely to be physical attraction so I wouldn't worry there. This is really specific but I also felt like this about a month ago, my dad told me that my Vitamin D levels were borderline acceptable, hence why I felt the way I did. So I started taking Vitamin D3 capsules from Holland & Barrett and to my surprise, I felt happier than usual, the effects won't be as drastic after a while, but it's definitely worth a shot.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to everything you are so kind!! You’ve included a lot of tips and have such a great way of looking at things I’m definitely going to try everything you’ve said and it’s so nice to know people feel the same as me sometimes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%