VanillaCream
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hey, does anyone know how the Physics and Mathematics AA HL courses can be compared to A levels? Which ones are easier? And do you think it's possible for someone to study those subjects from scratch (well, with Maths AA SL) in a year? either IB or A levels?
Xeryxer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 37 minutes ago
(Original post by VanillaCream)
Hey, does anyone know how the Physics and Mathematics AA HL courses can be compared to A levels? Which ones are easier? And do you think it's possible for someone to study those subjects from scratch (well, with Maths AA SL) in a year? either IB or A levels?
Maths is way harder IMO. Take a look at a couple of past papers and you'll see what I mean. In the IB they don't always ask the question straight up and they will test you on multiple different areas within a single question making it more difficult to know where to begin.

From what I've seen on A-Level papers, their questions look way easier (especially those at the end) and just ask you to use a specific technique.

As for learning it by yourself? I think going from AA SL to AA HL is defo possible Gonna be fairly hard though and would take dedication. I think A-level would be easier to learn and you might even find that there's very little extra to learn so I'd go for that personally.

I haven't looked at A Level physics but I LOVE Ib physics so much. I think you'd have a way harder time learning it tho if you haven't done any other physics before
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (331)
52.21%
No (303)
47.79%

Watched Threads