How long do protein shakes take to heal an injury up

Watch
Ross4753
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I've been running for two years now and the past 3-4 months I've been unable to afford protein shakes, I've never had a great diet but prior to being unable to afford protein shakes I never had any lasting injuries but now that I've stopped taking protein I've gone from one shin splint to another and now I am getting bad ankle pain. It feels as if I am falling apart and after reading how important protein is I've found my culprit. (It isn't because I've changed my training, I am running the least amount of mileage per week in a long time)

I know that protein powders aren't as beneficial as a healthy meal (don't bore me with the details this isn't what I am here for) What I am asking is how long should it take for protein to repair my injury once I get protein into my diet again?

I've already started, I had one shake last night and I've had one this morning, I am aiming to have two a day. Is two a day enough for an injury to heal for someone that has a low protein in-take when it comes to solid foods?
lorimebr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The protein will help in the long term, how long it depends takes depends on many factors, including rest. It depends on how much protein is in each shake , it is recommended that people eat between 0.5-1 gram of protein for every kilogram of body weight.
username5252758
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You can't heal inflammation using protein shakes.
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lorimebr)
The protein will help in the long term, how long it depends takes depends on many factors, including rest. It depends on how much protein is in each shake , it is recommended that people eat between 0.5-1 gram of protein for every kilogram of body weight.
For a sedentary person not an active person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
26.11%
England (108)
34.39%
Belgium (27)
8.6%
Germany (37)
11.78%
Spain (5)
1.59%