The Student Room Group

Leicester A100 / A199 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer. Any graduates here?
Original post by YoungLad2
Hi there,
I was looking at accommodation and saw the contract lengths varied from 39 or 42 week contracts. Would us medical students need to stay in a 42 week contracted accommodation as our course is slightly longer?

Hi!
So I think that the 39 week contracts are for accommodation in the village and the 42 week ones are for accommodation in the city! However you can obviously live at either as a medical student so if you choose the village you should get the option to add 1 extra week as medical students start 1 week earlier!
Lenie (social sec)
Original post by Harvey3546
Hi guys, I don't know if I'm being dumb but how do you apply for accommodation?

Hi!
If you Google university of Leicester accommodation it should come up on the uni of Leicester website and you can browse the different accommodation options and apply for it all on there!
Original post by mgk92
Does anyone know if they are running more offer holder information days?

Hi, unfortunately I'm not sure on the answer to this, especially due to COVID-19, but if they do you will receive an email to sign up!
Lenie (social sec)
Well done to everyone who has received an offer and to anyone who hasn't don't worry! There are so many options and it isn't an easy route into medicine! You don't realise until you are on the course how many students and grads, transfers or have taken 1+ gap years so you always have another chance, don't give up!
To any medic student that lived in the village: how was the travel to the uni during term time in the bus? On the website, I saw that there’s a frequent shuttle bus which is really useful but it’s only available from Mon-Sat. So what did you guys do on Sundays in terms of travel? 😂 Also, the bus pass you get, can you use it on other busses or just the shuttle bus?

Cheers!
Got an offer a few days ago but since there were no open days this year I don’t really know much about Leicester other than the course itself. Any advice for accommodation? Plus I was wondering if it would be worth driving to lectures as I’ve seen the village accommodations are 20 mins?
Reply 187
anyone firming leicester? and is anyone looking to rent a place to live or using student accommodation for the first year?
i’m firming leicester and i’m deffo looking for university managed accommodation for the first year x
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 189
Hi i'm firming leicester too.

Does anyone know how many weeks the academic year is for the first year?
is anyone who lives in Leicester firming med at Leicester this year? :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by jodger12456789
is anyone who lives in Leicester firming med at Leicester this year? :smile:

unfortunately i don't live in leicester
just got an offer ! not sure what accommodations to apply for though, kind of late but still relieved I got an offer.
Original post by AwesomeStudent1
just got an offer ! not sure what accommodations to apply for though, kind of late but still relieved I got an offer.

amazing! did your offer come through literally this evening?
Original post by JP2000!!!
amazing! did your offer come through literally this evening?

Haha no I only checked in the evening it was through ucas only
Original post by AwesomeStudent1
Haha no I only checked in the evening it was through ucas only

ohhh ok - what time did UCAS update tho?
Original post by JP2000!!!
ohhh ok - what time did UCAS update tho?

Around 3pm.
Reply 197
Any female muslims who are defo going to leicester and looking for private accomodation?
For anyone interested :smile:

I have submitted my accommodation preferences and my top two choices are both in Opal Court (normal single ensuite for £160pw and large ensuite for £166.50pw). I know a friend who is currently a first year at Leicester and she said that Opal Court might not have as much of a student life atmosphere but it is literally a 2 min walk from the medical school and when you have an 8am lecture that is a BIG deal. Yes you can easily cycle, uber or bus between the med school and Village accom. But it is still a 20-25 min cycle (imagine doing that in the morning when it is raining) and the buses aren't that regular too. (Living in London I am used to buses and the tube coming every 2 mins hahah). She also said that during school days when she has a lunch break she can easily just walk to her accom and make some food or nap before afternoon lectures. Whilst others would have to travel to the Village and back if they wanted that too. However, City accom is much more expensive than some Village accom so that is a big downside.
Original post by zm19
Any female muslims who are defo going to leicester and looking for private accomodation?

hey, one here but I’ve booked Nixon F-K large ensuite with all female accomm :smile: I just feel private accomm for first year wouldnt be the best because it would be harder to meet others studying the same thing etc. but I will defo look at it for year two!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending