The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
musicboy
a) Jesus
b) Ludwig Wittgenstein

MB

What are they applying for? Theology and Philosophy?
Reply 2
RichE
What are they applying for? Theology and Philosophy?

I think they should both apply for architecture.

MB
Reply 3
Why would Jesus want to come to Cambridge? Unless you think he'd have fun overturning the tables in Market Square.
Reply 4
Wittgenstein. He may believe he knows everything, but he'd still learn some, whereas Jesus *does* know everything and thus would gain nothing from the course, and would be impossible to teach. Also Wittgenstein has the advantage of being real.
Reply 5
Good point - Jesus being omniscient, he wouldn't meet Oxbridge's teachability criterion.

PS I think Jesus was real, it's just there are those who dispute he was/is the son of god.
Reply 6
musicboy
a) Jesus
b) Ludwig Wittgenstein

MB

Wittgenstein.
Reply 7
Wittgenstein.

Although I'm sure Jesus would be popular in the JCR. Free wine- free alcohol of any kind- surely goes down well?

And if he's applying to Jesus College, he may have a slight advantage.
Reply 8
jesus would just be a big show off!
annoying the rowers early morning by walking on water and healing people's flus for money

btw from what ive heard jesus did exist, he was reknown for his healing abilities but theres debate about wether he was the son of god
Reply 9
Jesus. That way we might get some decent wine around here for once...
Reply 10
What were Jesus's UMS?
Reply 11
MadNatSci
Jesus. That way we might get some decent wine around here for once...

or port.

MB
Jesus can't go to Jesus College. Then they wouldn't be able to tease American tourists by telling them it got its name because Jesus went there.
Reply 13
I think Jesus might kill the Theology course dead.

Lecturer: "Well there is some dispute here, do good works get you into heaven? We will be studying this and writing a four-thousand word-"

Jesus: "They don't. NEXT"
Reply 14
RichE
PS I think Jesus was real, it's just there are those who dispute he was/is the son of god.

Well, if he was real and not the son of God, then he fulfills the teachability criteria, but is possibly lacking in academic qualifications, such as maths, necessary for an architecture course.
Reply 15
Exactly. Jesus needs AS or equivalent, just like the rest of us.
Reply 16
Yes, and don't think his IELTS score was very good as English didn't yet exist as a language
Reply 17
Wittgenstein. I wonder why.... :wink:.
Reema
Wittgenstein. I wonder why.... :wink:.

Oh dear, oh dear... :rolleyes:
Reply 19
Given that in Oxbridge's case, intellectual ability outweighs strength of moral character, I would say Wittgenstein should get in.

However, Jesus would be a far more interesting choice (if he really is the magical man he's supposed to be).

Latest

Trending

Trending