The Student Room Group

Defer till 2022

How do I go about deferring if I've applied to start this September and have my offers already? Any advice is appreciated.
Accept one of your five offers in UCAS track. Once you have accepted an offer you will have the option to defer that confirmed choice.
I was planning to do the same thing when I was applying to university. I would advice you to go to your university pages and check the process, because it might be slightly different for each uni. If you cannot find the details on the page, try calling the Student Services/ administration team and explain the situation, I'm sure they would be willing to help you out.
Original post by Jblasutto
How do I go about deferring if I've applied to start this September and have my offers already? Any advice is appreciated.

Hey @Jblasutto - Yep I agree with @Marshmallows1 here, have a look on the university website to see if they accept deferred entry to the course you've applied for. Some of our courses at Strathclyde unfortunately can't be deferred, but you can find that info under the 'Entry Requirements' sections on our webpages/prospectus. Start by looking there and seeing if there's any details. If there is, follow the advice/get in touch with the admissions teams to find out more info. If there's no info- get in touch with them to find out what the situation is!

If for any reason you're unable to defer then you'll have the option to re-apply next year, but just bear in mind your places may not necessarily be guaranteed if you chose to do this. Check with the universities directly and they'll talk you through your next steps :smile:

Hope that helps a bit!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Original post by Prabalg114
Accept one of your five offers in UCAS track. Once you have accepted an offer you will have the option to defer that confirmed choice.

Incorrect.

1) You need to know if you can defer BEFORE you Firm in case the answer is No.
So - contact each Uni asap and ask, THEN choose you Firm once thats all been sorted out.

2) No-one has an automatic option to defer. Unis will have a numbers cap on how many offers/places they can defer to next year. This is why its important to ask asap, because the longer you wait the more likely it is that the answer will be No.
Reply 5
Thank you everyone whos replied. Its been of great help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending