The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh accommodation?

Hi I’ve been thinking about accommodation and I’m pretty sure I want to pick pollock but I was worndeing If anyone would recommend somewhere else or has any thoughts on pollock. Any info is appreciated 😁
Hi! I'm also firming Edinburgh this year (if I get the grades)! I've heard mixed things about Pollock, I think there are a lot of stereotypes about it being quite posh/rich, but these might not be totally true/the whole picture. I personally didn't pick Pollock because I'm vegetarian, and would much rather go self-catered to have that independence. However, Pollock does seem like a really nice place, and apparently, it is one of the most social halls in Edinburgh so I'm sure it would be a great choice. :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Daniel0988
Hi I’ve been thinking about accommodation and I’m pretty sure I want to pick pollock but I was worndeing If anyone would recommend somewhere else or has any thoughts on pollock. Any info is appreciated 😁

Hi I started at Edinburgh this year and am in halls right now, Pollock is a really nice accommodation but it can be quite elitist I've been told, if you're from London or a private school I'm sure you'll be fine but I've heard of students from Scotland etc who felt quite disconnected from people there, it also depends on what halls you apply to
Reply 3
Original post by goldmarie
Hi I started at Edinburgh this year and am in halls right now, Pollock is a really nice accommodation but it can be quite elitist I've been told, if you're from London or a private school I'm sure you'll be fine but I've heard of students from Scotland etc who felt quite disconnected from people there, it also depends on what halls you apply to

Yeah that’s one of my fears. I’m from west London so I can get along with private school kids 😂 where would you recommend?
Original post by Daniel0988
Yeah that’s one of my fears. I’m from west London so I can get along with private school kids 😂 where would you recommend?

Depends what you're looking for really, I'm at Kincaids Court this year which has been great because it's so social but it can also be really noisy so it depends what you like. Salisbury is good as well as its self catered but you've got en suits and it's still quite central. But yeah really depends what your priorities are. Pollock is good too, just be aware of what house you apply to cause some are more posh than others
Original post by goldmarie
Pollock is good too, just be aware of what house you apply to cause some are more posh than others

And the posh houses at Pollock are ...?
Reply 6
I am vegetarian too what halls did you firm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending