The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

MSc Data Science

I am applying for the MSc Data Science course at Loughborough, would anyone be able to give me information on the dissertation projects that have been available in the past, as well as the difficulty of the course? There is not a lot of info on the website and I have had nobody reply to my email in the comp sci department.
I have a non-computing background for context.
Thanks
Original post by wizard901
I am applying for the MSc Data Science course at Loughborough, would anyone be able to give me information on the dissertation projects that have been available in the past, as well as the difficulty of the course? There is not a lot of info on the website and I have had nobody reply to my email in the comp sci department.
Thanks

Hi @wizard901

Thanks for your interest in the MSc Data Science course at Loughborough and I'm sorry that you've not yet had a reply to your email.

I have asked my colleagues to gather some information in response to your questions and I will post here again when I have heard back from them.

All the best,
-Dan :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Thanks

Hi @wizard901 :hello:

I have received the following information which I hope is useful:

"This is a new programme, therefore we don't have thesis topics from the past.

For the Data Science Project, example topics could include sentiment extraction and analysis from tweets; text analysis for fake news detection; bank customer churn prediction; predicting house prices with machine learning; predicting skin cancer from medical data and predicting crime using time and location data.

The course is a conversion course, so no programming background or background in computer science is needed."

I hope this helps!

All the best,
-Dan :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks Dan!
Thanks Dan!

No problem - just let me know if you have any more questions! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending