Can someone please help me with this physics question

Watch
naz00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Explain why the source of alpha radiation is usually inside the body but the source of gamma radiation can be outside the body..
LouMcK
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
do you have the rest of the question handy, like what is the context within this
naz00
Rep:
?
(Original post by LouMcK)
do you have the rest of the question handy, like what is the context within this
energy from the nuclei of atoms can be used in the medical diagonisis and treatment. some tumors inside the body can be treated using alpha radiation or gamma radiation.
LouMcK
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
alpha particles cannot travel through many things, only a few cm of air max, and so to use alpha particles as treatment then they must come from within the body
gamma rays pass through almost everything, and so can come from outwith the body with ease
naz00
Rep:
?
(Original post by LouMcK)
alpha particles cannot travel through many things, only a few cm of air max, and so to use alpha particles as treatment then they must come from within the body
gamma rays pass through almost everything, and so can come from outwith the body with ease
Thank you!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.71%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (54)
11.51%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.68%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (99)
21.11%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.23%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.76%

Watched Threads