The Student Room Group

I need help, I feel like I’ve messed up my career

I’m 15 almost 16 meaning it’s my last year In school in a few months and of course I have to pick a career choice that I want to go into, I liked the idea of becoming a PA (personal assistant) and was kinda happy. But after I started watching a series of people going through hardships and challenges to get to the thing they want to go into , i started having second thoughts. I don’t want to go into PA anymore at all but I have an interview coming and don’t want to attend bc ,no thx, scary🥺. My problem is I have nothing else and I feel I’ve become useless and should just continue even if I hate it. I really wish it was easy to decide our future then I wouldn’t have to worry every day thinking I have nothing that I can go to if I don’t get into the PA area.😔 I need a little advice if possible and I know I have to solve this by myself but I just need some hope and advice🙏🥺
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sillybread16
I’m 15 almost 16 meaning it’s my last year In school in a few months and of course I have to pick a career choice that I want to go into, I liked the idea of becoming a PA (personal assistant) and was kinda happy. But after I started watching a series of people going through hardships and challenges to get to the thing they want to go into , i started having second thoughts. I don’t want to go into PA anymore at all but I have an interview coming and don’t want to attend bc ,no thx, scary🥺. My problem is I have nothing else and I feel I’ve become useless and should just continue even if I hate it. I really wish it was easy to decide our future then I wouldn’t have to worry every day thinking I have nothing that I can go to if I don’t get into the PA area.😔 I need a little advice if possible and I know I have to solve this by myself but I just need some hope and advice🙏🥺

Buddy, just relax being 16 doesn't mean you have to choose your career. Choose subjects you have a genuine interest in and then proceed from there later to choose your career. If you still are unsure you can always choose a liberal arts college in the US or any other country. I would say go for the interview, even if it goes badly you will learn something from the experience. All the best for all your future endeavours.
Original post by Sillybread16

Do u live in the uk btw?
Reply 3
Why do you have to pick a career at 15? Why not do A levels of BTEC which will expand your options?
Ye I do live in the uk and it’s very hard for me to choose things I like bc I don’t know what I like but I really want to try harder😔 ahh I think I got a little confused it’s possible you not the career specifically but it’s like the course that it🤦*♀️🤭 I meant to say course sorry. Also I did pick BTEC stuff but I don’t know why I did bc I hate them😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending