The Student Room Group

How to Not Be Nervous on a Date

Quick! How can someone not be nervous on a date? Any tips?
:smile:
Reply 1
I'm naturally a confident person and find it quite easy to talk to just about anyone!
What goes on in my head:
1) they're just another person so just talk to them like you would with a friend ( but more flirty ofc :biggrin:)
2) if you look awkward, it'll make it feel awkward...so relax! You feeling comfortable will make them feel comfortable around you
3) Wear something that makes you feel confident. Personality is the most important thing blah blah blah...u gotta look good too tho haha
4) If you're going on a date with someone you don't know too well/ unsure what you have in common, go somewhere that involves games/ competition so you can break the ice and laugh about it
Idk if any of this has helped haha
Original post by pamoche
I'm naturally a confident person and find it quite easy to talk to just about anyone!
What goes on in my head:
1) they're just another person so just talk to them like you would with a friend ( but more flirty ofc :biggrin:)
2) if you look awkward, it'll make it feel awkward...so relax! You feeling comfortable will make them feel comfortable around you
3) Wear something that makes you feel confident. Personality is the most important thing blah blah blah...u gotta look good too tho haha
4) If you're going on a date with someone you don't know too well/ unsure what you have in common, go somewhere that involves games/ competition so you can break the ice and laugh about it
Idk if any of this has helped haha

^ yes!
(edited 3 years ago)
It's typically easier to pick an activity for a first date I find, obviously due to lockdown your options are rather limited, so "waiting out" as such is probably not a bad idea. Reason being is I find conversation flows more easily in an environment like that. Nerves are normal so don't sweat - just do your best.

Also, a pause in conversation is not necessity bad!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending