The Student Room Group

Should I stay with my girlfriend even though I'm not physically attracted to her?

Hey so my girlfriend has gained weight during lockdown and I've lost most of my physical attractiveness towards her due to it. I'm not going to force her or try get her to lose weight as she should be able to do what she wants with her body but I'm really starting to not be attracted to her at all. Shes extremely clingy, always wanting to be with me and shes tried to kiss me a lot but I'm just not feeling it. Is it worth staying in or should I just go so that she can find someone who's physically attracted to her and I can find someone I'm physically attracted to? Like I said I dont want to get her to lose weight myself as I know she will be upset by it, so it doesnt help anyone if I say it so my only choices are to stay despite not being physically attracted to her and I personally think this is important in a relationship or to end the relationship.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey so my girlfriend has gained weight during lockdown and I've lost most of my physical attractiveness towards her due to it. I'm not going to force her or try get her to lose weight as she should be able to do what she wants with her body but I'm really starting to not be attracted to her at all. Shes extremely clingy, always wanting to be with me and shes tried to kiss me a lot but I'm just not feeling it. Is it worth staying in or should I just go so that she can find someone who's physically attracted to her and I can find someone I'm physically attracted to? Like I said I dont want to get her to lose weight myself as I know she will be upset by it, so it doesnt help anyone if I say it so my only choices are to stay despite not being physically attracted to her and I personally think this is important in a relationship or to end the relationship.

However, I'm attracted to her personality - shes a funny kind girl but I'm just not attracted to her looks and I dont know if that's worth staying in a relationship with her or not.
Reply 2
If you don’t fancy her anymore it’s best to free both of you up to find someone that works. You’re right that mentioning her weight is unlikely to go down well.
chubby girls are bhad too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending