The Student Room Group

Reapplying to Oxford

This year i got rejected pre interview for Physics. I was really set on the course and currently considering reapplying - mainly due to extenuating circumstances around the entrance exam, I feel I didn’t best represent myself.
However i have read statistics that there are very few successful reapplicants for the course. In 2019 there were 49 reapplicants/with 2 offers, 2018 was 32 /1, 27/0, 28/2 ect.
Would i be wasting my time or is it worth the long shot?
Original post by 121rp
This year i got rejected pre interview for Physics. I was really set on the course and currently considering reapplying - mainly due to extenuating circumstances around the entrance exam, I feel I didn’t best represent myself.
However i have read statistics that there are very few successful reapplicants for the course. In 2019 there were 49 reapplicants/with 2 offers, 2018 was 32 /1, 27/0, 28/2 ect.
Would i be wasting my time or is it worth the long shot?

It's down to you on what you think you want to do (I know that isn't that helpful) :smile: If you want to give Oxford another shot more than anything else then do (you never know what could happen) But then again, if you feel like you kind of like Oxford but you also have another uni that you absolutely love and think you'll be equally happy there then you can think about going there. Do what you feel like, not what anyone pressures you into doing.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous234212
It's down to you on what you think you want to do (I know that isn't that helpful) :smile: If you want to give Oxford another shot more than anything else then do (you never know what could happen) But then again, if you feel like you kind of like Oxford but you also have another uni that you absolutely love and think you'll be equally happy there then you can think about going there. Do what you feel like, not what anyone pressures you into doing.

Yeah the thing is I’m not too sure on my other options. Of course not been able to visit any this year hasn’t helped. Probably my second choice is Imperial although I’m still waiting to hear back from them, and I’ve only been to London once about 10 years ago! Plenty to consider!
Original post by 121rp
Yeah the thing is I’m not too sure on my other options. Of course not been able to visit any this year hasn’t helped. Probably my second choice is Imperial although I’m still waiting to hear back from them, and I’ve only been to London once about 10 years ago! Plenty to consider!

Is you do get an offer from imperial they might hold some offer holder days /in person or virtually and you can see if you like it before you make a decision about reapplying- you’ve got time to think about it too:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending