The Student Room Group

After basic training at RAF halton?

Hi, I'm in the final stages of my application so if all goes to plan I will be starting training at some point this year, a thought just come to my head, after your graduation at halton are you allowed to go home with your family or do you stay at Halton or go straight away to somewhere else? Might seem like a stupid question but just curious, thank you
Reply 1
Original post by dmk1001
Hi, I'm in the final stages of my application so if all goes to plan I will be starting training at some point this year, a thought just come to my head, after your graduation at halton are you allowed to go home with your family or do you stay at Halton or go straight away to somewhere else? Might seem like a stupid question but just curious, thank you

Pack up to be ready to move to your next place.

You might get the weekend off.
Or you might get a stay on SATT Flt.
Reply 3
It depends what's happening with COVID, you may be lucky and go home for a long period of time (I know some people who went home for 5 months) on 'special paid leave'. You may also get put on hold on a different base or be placed on SATT and stay at Halton. It all depends. If you want to go home and your Ph2 isn't imminent you always have leave that you might be able to put in.

Hope that helps
All is dependant on dates of your phase 2. They try not to have you "holding" too long on SATTs (Servicemen Awaiting Trade Training), but it all depends. Some people pack up and start their phase 2 the next week....I had to wait around 6 months! But in that time I requested to be fostered out to other parts of the RAF and managed to enjoy that period.

Check out some of the threads about SATTs on here. As for going home with your family, the day of graduation, that isn't unfortunately how it works. It'll be a couple of days after, as you've got a bit of admin to sort out.

Good luck at Halton! Enjoy it

Quick Reply

Latest