The Student Room Group

Resigning while on furlough?

Hi, I've been working at Primark for a couple years and have recently transferred back to Uni after being at home for Christmas. Due to the tiers and lockdown rules, I never actually began work here but am currently on furlough. I want to start looking for new jobs as I'm unhappy where I am now. Can you resign while on furlough? And if anyone has done this, how did you go about it? Answers from any workplace is useful but if anyone has done this with Primark then that would be even better.

Thank you!
(edited 3 years ago)
You can get another job while on furlough and just resign if they say they want you to return to work.
Original post by pinkpotato123
Hi, I've been working at Primark for a couple years and have recently transferred back to Uni after being at home for Christmas. Due to the tiers and lockdown rules, I never actually began work here but am currently on furlough. I want to start looking for new jobs as I'm unhappy where I am now. Can you resign while on furlough? And if anyone has done this, how did you go about it? Answers from any workplace is useful but if anyone has done this with Primark then that would be even better.

Thank you!

Yes you can do this. Just send a letter to your line manager with HR copied in - or vice versa
Original post by pinkpotato123

Thank you!

Yes you can resign while on furlough.
Obviously make sure you have another job to go to first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending