Can't decide Uni.. HELP!

Watch this thread
Hj5673
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have the following confirmed offers ( I am on gap year with achieved grades):

Bath - Economics
Nottingham - Industrial Economics
Leeds - Economics

I want a uni with the best reputation to land me a job at the top IB firms but I also really enjoy nightlife and going out so I want a University with good nightlife.
anonuser99
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Nottingham pretty much fits your bill.
Hj5673
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by anonuser99)
Nottingham pretty much fits your bill.
Only issue is that it’s Industrial Economics and not pure Econ. I am wondering how hard it would be to switch once at the university. As I know Pure Economics has much better job prospects.
hello5789
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hj5673)
Only issue is that it’s Industrial Economics and not pure Econ. I am wondering how hard it would be to switch once at the university. As I know Pure Economics has much better job prospects.
I've heard different experiences of people trying to transfer courses. One of my friends had a really difficult time trying to transfer, took them lots of convincing and stressful meetings with various people. But another friend was able to do it fairly easily. I'd say don't come to Nottingham expecting it to be really simple to transfer, if you're willing to do Industrial economics for the full length of the course then Nottingham is the place for you.
thrwawy
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hj5673)
I don’t think pure economics has better job prospects If you’re considering IB same goes for most of finance, generally they have little interest in the degree you take.

Unless you want to work for a economic consultancy or as an economist I don’t think it makes much difference, why don’t you call and ask the UNI if you can change? If the entry requirements for both courses are the same and they have the space they should let you really
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (37)
35.58%
The paper was reasonable (40)
38.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
16.35%
It was TERRIBLE (10)
9.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise