priyatank0406
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So basically I’m trying to find a scientific answer in terms of psychological way. A question out of curiosity btw .....

so yanoe when we writing something and we know what we write or what we gonna write but since we think alot and we have lots of thoughts running we end up writing the wrong thing and not the thing what we suppose to write or what the word were that we were
suppose to write so that's y we end up writing a sentence sometimes which doesn't makes sense or have a typing error

So why does tht happen??

What that process in our head which makes us have dysgraphia??

So what's is it that I shud type on google to find the answer I want.
I asked similar question before to someone but I didn’t get the answer I was looking for
Slb93
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Information processing error with controlled processes using semantic “muscle” memory?
Speech error taxonomy?
Atomic typos?
Too many cognitive demands when listening (even if it’s just to internal monologue) and writing different information simultaneously?

There’s a phenomenon when writing and listening to music at the same time. So with that you are using your working memory to construct a sentence and write it down, the physical task of writing starts using your semantic memory (becomes more automatic-like driving your car, when you’re aware you’re doing it but also can’t remember doing it by the time you get home) and then if you are also hearing something else you subconsciously become distracted by the other stimuli so the working memory is slightly overloaded and the two tasks combine. Meaning you start automatically writing what you’re hearing.

But typos are more psycholinguistic like atomic typos and speech error taxonomy so there’s probably lots of papers on that.
Slb93
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Also dysgraphia is a learning disability and not really what you’ve described at all. So the typos you describe are more psycholinguistic and more likely to happen when information processing is overloaded in the working memory such as listening to one thing and trying to write another thing without much controlled concentration. Kinda like spoonerisms or malapropisms when you say the wrong word that is of a similar sound. It’s just using automation in your cognitive functions to be more efficient but occasionally doing it wrong/distracted by other stimuli.
priyatank0406
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Slb93 omds ur damn genius tyxxx this is the answer I was looking out for at least someone finally understood me

Tyxx abunch buddy much appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.31%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
18.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (15)
12.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (35)
30.17%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (21)
18.1%

Watched Threads