The Student Room Group

Already had 4 years funding - Compelling Personal Reasons - Apply second degree

I went to uni 2012 - 2016 but struggled hugely with my mental health and was in and out of hospital with severe depression!

I have overcome alot in the last 5 years and recently been diagnosed with ADHD, its been life changing! With my new medication and therapy, I'm thinking about going back to uni and start a new degree but I'm not sure I'll get funding.

My current loan -
2012 - first year failed (mental health)
2013 - Dropped out after a week as couldn't do it
2014 - first year passed just
2015 - second year failed (mental health) and decided to stop trying until I was better.

SFE and my uni have my previous doctors letters and proof from my previous studies. And I know have my adhd dianosis/ can get a letter from my gp explaining everything.

Sorry this is so longwinded and niche, I just don't want to go through all the steps of applying to find out I can't funding.

Thankyou in advance
Original post by ladhdstudent
I went to uni 2012 - 2016 but struggled hugely with my mental health and was in and out of hospital with severe depression!

I have overcome alot in the last 5 years and recently been diagnosed with ADHD, its been life changing! With my new medication and therapy, I'm thinking about going back to uni and start a new degree but I'm not sure I'll get funding.

My current loan -
2012 - first year failed (mental health)
2013 - Dropped out after a week as couldn't do it
2014 - first year passed just
2015 - second year failed (mental health) and decided to stop trying until I was better.

SFE and my uni have my previous doctors letters and proof from my previous studies. And I know have my adhd dianosis/ can get a letter from my gp explaining everything.

Sorry this is so longwinded and niche, I just don't want to go through all the steps of applying to find out I can't funding.

Thankyou in advance

Hi there, please confirm your new course details.
Have you ever applied for additional funding before with Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm (CPR)?
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending