idontlikeessays
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey so I'm doing some exam questions practice for my RS exam. The question i'm doing is 'Explain two contrasting beliefs in contemporary British society about the Design argument for God’s existence. Refer to one or more religious traditions'. I have my two contrasting beliefs but I don't know how I would link this to a religious tradition. I study Christianity and Buddhism. Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you!
jnss.7
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Obviously, in Genesis, the Bible describes God making the Universe in 6 days (1 rest day). "let there be light". i.e- the Bible literally describes God designing the Universe.
I don't know if you study this but Paley's watch analogy could be evoked in favour of God making the Universe.

The other side would be the atheist view of the Big Bang, Darwin's theory of evolution etc.
idontlikeessays
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by jnss.7)
Obviously, in Genesis, the Bible describes God making the Universe in 6 days (1 rest day). "let there be light". i.e- the Bible literally describes God designing the Universe.
I don't know if you study this but Paley's watch analogy could be evoked in favour of God making the Universe.

The other side would be the atheist view of the Big Bang, Darwin's theory of evolution etc.
Thank you so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What uni admissions terms did you/do you find confusing?

Adjustment (115)
14.3%
AAM (Additional Assessment Materials) (86)
10.7%
Changed course offer (35)
4.35%
Clearing (58)
7.21%
Conditional offer (11)
1.37%
Deferral (33)
4.1%
Ucas Extra (94)
11.69%
First Generation or First in Family (25)
3.11%
Point of Entry (56)
6.97%
Self-release (116)
14.43%
Tariff Point (65)
8.08%
Unconditional offer (11)
1.37%
Withdrawal (23)
2.86%
I understood all of the language used in the application process (70)
8.71%
I found another term confusing (let us know in the thread!) (6)
0.75%

Watched Threads