The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply to university?

I didn’t realise that applications were already open for September 2021. I’m worried that I have left it too late to apply.
Course starting September 2021? If you're year 13, applications opened 5-6 months ago. It isn't 'too late' per se, but many unis probably won't consider an application submitted this late.

if you're y12, applications don't even open until September, so you're fine. THe 'equal consideration' deadline is sometime in January I think
'It's not too late to apply
If any of your students missed the deadline, there’s still time to apply. Applications for courses with a 15 January deadline can still be sent to us until 30 June, but it’s not guaranteed they’ll be considered by universities or colleges, if the course is already full.

Before they apply, make sure your students check our search tool to find out if the uni or college still has vacancies.'

From https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-and-resources/adviser-news/news/supporting-your-students-after-deadline
It all depends on the course you’re looking to do. Some will have been filled already
Original post by Sweetmollybelle
I didn’t realise that applications were already open for September 2021. I’m worried that I have left it too late to apply.

But you're already at university? 😕
Original post by ageshallnot
But you're already at university? 😕

Hello, I’m in my second year but I was direct entry. I haven’t seen any correspondence from UCAS regarding applying so I wasn’t sure if I missed the deadline for continuing my studies :frown:
Original post by Sweetmollybelle
Hello, I’m in my second year but I was direct entry. I haven’t seen any correspondence from UCAS regarding applying so I wasn’t sure if I missed the deadline for continuing my studies :frown:

If you are continuing into 3rd year at the same uni then you don't need to apply.

Quick Reply

Latest