The Student Room Group

History help

Who do you think the child in the corner is meant to represent? (1)
Why is the child in the corner crying? (1)
In the cartoon it mentions ‘future cannon fodder’, what do you think it is referring to? (1)
Do you agree with the artist's view of the Treaty of Versailles? In your answer, explain what the artists view is, why it is accurate and any limitations/weaknesses of the source. (4)
(edited 2 years ago)
wat? don't worry abt history so much, it's in the past now
Attachment not found
Original post by ScarletMillion
Who do you think the child in the corner is meant to represent? (1)
Why is the child in the corner crying? (1)
In the cartoon it mentions ‘future cannon fodder’, what do you think it is referring to? (1)
Do you agree with the artist's view of the Treaty of Versailles? In your answer, explain what the artists view is, why it is accurate and any limitations/weaknesses of the source. (4)

loool I remember that drawing - the child is the 'class of 1918' or whatever right? just say that babies born in 1918 will now have to fight in ww2 so the cartoonist is trying to show a war would be a tragedy for young people
which bit are u confused by?
i just need a few points for the 4 marker
The artist is implying that the treaty of versailles will cause another war, perhaps by 1940, hence the child is crying as they will have to fight in this war. The leaders who negotiated the TOV, especially Clemanceau, 'the tiger', are presented as being unaware of this possibility as Clemanceau is saying 'curious, I seem to hear a child crying'. This source is convincing as the harsh treaty of versailles terms which included taking land from Germany and imposing $22 million in reparations were viewed by some as helping to lead to the rise of the nazi party and eventually ww2. However, thissource is limited as the leaders who signed the treaty of versailles were aware it was harsh, but thought cutting down German armed forced (no airforce, rhineland demilitarised, only 6 battle ships allowed) was the best way to avoid another war.
have u had ur history lesson yet?
...ye
...ye

oh lol. I was rly into my on analysis XD
ye i spent like 10 minutes just panicking cos there was a deadline and i was doing it pretty last minute... so i guess its my fault tho
ye i spent like 10 minutes just panicking cos there was a deadline and i was doing it pretty last minute... so i guess its my fault tho

agh lol I do that constantly
and it was kinda maybe assessed :bawling:
...ye and the last question was me just waffling about a child crying or smthing
and it was kinda maybe assessed :bawling:

that seems weird to assess sucha small peice of work
It probs doesn't mean much ? What did u end up sending in?
have you done it?
Original post by castilloboi
that seems weird to assess sucha small peice of work
It probs doesn't mean much ? What did u end up sending in?

actually there was more to it, i just needed point on the last question, there was like 20+ questions, but those were more knowledge based and i knew most of em

...i have the paragraph but i dont wanna put it on here cos it was so rubbish and my brain just blanked out
Original post by anonymouslmao
have you done it?

ye
actually there was more to it, i just needed point on the last question, there was like 20+ questions, but those were more knowledge based and i knew most of em

...i have the paragraph but i dont wanna put it on here cos it was so rubbish and my brain just blanked out

oh sozzles fair enough

Quick Reply

Latest