i'm actually done - my school is the worst

Watch
meticulouswizard
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Following today's announcement about exams.

My school is deciding to give us mocks in 2 weeks time.

2 week is not enough to revise in my opinion and it is a really short notice, but they are saying that they want to give us feedback before easter.

I have raised my concern that this is not enough time and we haven't even got the feedback from the mocks we just did for some subjects.

But it looks like they are insisting on this.

I did terribly in the first round of mocks that we just did, and I was really hoping to redeem myself in the second round of mocks.

Our school does As exams, and I need to get 4 AS at the end of Year 12 for the career and uni I want to go to.

I am find this very challenging to balance alongside extra curricular work for uni etc.

I don't know what to do as I got basically Cs and Ds in our first round of mocks and all of my target(predicted whatever you call them) are A*, I do biology psychology chemistry and maths.

I know some of you are going to tell me to not stress but these are very important to me and I don't want Bs or Cs for my AS .

I was going to email my head of year about this but I know that she will be receiving loads of emails from students bcs of today's announcement and I don't want to add to it, so I just thought I would vent on here.

Is there a solution to this?
Last edited by meticulouswizard; 1 month ago
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The whole situation is bad
meticulouswizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by jackmarshal757)
The whole situation is bad
I am assuming you mean my situation or are you referring to the whole generic situation?
If you are referring to the former I knowww it is so bad... I feel left out hufff I feel like giving up I am sick of this
abbbbbb.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Study6076)

2 week is not enough to revise in my opinion and it is a really short notice, but they are saying that they want to give us feedback before easter.

I have raised my concern that this is not enough time and we haven't even got the feedback from the mocks we just did for some subjects.

I did terribly in the first round of mocks that we just did, and I was really hoping to redeem myself in the second round of mocks.

Our school does As exams, and I need to get 4 AS at the end of Year 12 for the career and uni I want to go to.

I am find this very challenging to balance alongside extra curricular work for uni etc.

I don't know what to do as I got basically Cs and Ds in our first round of mocks and all of my target(predicted whatever you call them) are A*, I do biology psychology chemistry and maths.

I know some of you are going to tell me to not stress but these are very important to me and I don't want Bs or Cs for my AS .

I was going to email my head of year about this but I know that she will be receiving loads of emails from students bcs of today's announcement and I don't want to add to it, so I just thought I would vent on here.

my school is making us sit "mocks" (they called it a fancier name to disguise the fact that they are mocks). They said that these mocks they are making us sit, are for teachers to see "the gaps in our knowledge," and not used within our final grades- which is frustrating. Maybe ask your teachers to see if these mocks actually go towards your grade?

I think that it is unfair that your sixthform/college is making you sit your mocks in 2 weeks time though!!

Best of luck
gla21
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It really is important that you don't panic too much. In theory, your teachers should also take classwork and other smaller exams into account when they give you your final grades, so the mock shouldn't be the be all end all. However, I do understand that it is important, and if you're concerned you won't be able to perform as well as you could do then I really think you should reach out to your subject teachers. They might be able to help you figure out the best way about revising in such a short period of time. They might even be able to guide you in the direction of what particular topics are likely to be on your mock so you don't waste time revising something you wont need.

It's a pretty sucky situation, but I think it's possible to figure a way to make the best of it with help from your teachers.
lord shimada
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just talk to your teacher,shell have time to respond
Aami201
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

That sounds quite bad but can you not inotm them to see if they can give you more time ? Or see if you can resit those exams to get the grades you want.
jackmarshal757
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am assuming you mean my situation or are you referring to the whole generic situation?
If you are referring to the former I knowww it is so bad... I feel left out hufff I feel like giving up I am sick of this
Generally it’s quite bad
meticulouswizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aami201)
That sounds quite bad but can you not inotm them to see if they can give you more time ? Or see if you can resit those exams to get the grades you want.
i don't think they are going to make an exception just for me...i hate myself...i literallly have 0 support...i feel like crying
Aami201
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i don't think they are going to make an exception just for me...i hate myself...i literallly have 0 support...i feel like crying
You can talk to me anytime
meticulouswizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aami201)
You can talk to me anytime
idk what to do ...
Aami201
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
idk what to do ...
How about waiting till you go back ?
lstocber
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That sounds really bad...
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course they aren’t going to make an exception for you. Teachers are quite slimy ****ers in my experience with the ones I’ve had. They will also never support you especially when you need it most. They thrive on seeing miserable students.
Aami201
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is difficult but you have just got to have patience sorry and im here if you need to talk.
Strange5050
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
Of course they aren’t going to make an exception for you. Teachers are quite slimy ****ers in my experience with the ones I’ve had. They will also never support you especially when you need it most. They thrive on seeing miserable students.
My experience has been the polar opposite.
anonymous.3010
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As superficial as it sounds, try working at your own pace and start now rather than stressing out more about what may happen. It is better to channel the time you spend speculating into some work instead. Do not stress yourself right now; it is out of your control but what is in your control is how you spend your time.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (378)
14.77%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (283)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (360)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (119)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.52%
Financial worries (94)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (224)
8.75%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (241)
9.42%

Watched Threads