The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

college allocation

Hi all, I received a conditional offer to read ba Philosophy a couple of days ago. Any idea how long after receiving an offer it usually takes to get your college allocation? And how do we check which college we have been allocated to? Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by fw678
Hi all, I received a conditional offer to read ba Philosophy a couple of days ago. Any idea how long after receiving an offer it usually takes to get your college allocation? And how do we check which college we have been allocated to? Cheers

Hi I got my offer after the 12th feb too (when allocation started) and it took 8 days to get my college. On the website it says it should take less than 7 days and if its been more than 10 days to contact the university. When you have your college it will say which college you got on your college preference form before they actually email to tell you what your college is. So if you log back in there you may find out sooner (I saw it on my form in the morning and got the email from durham in the evening). Hope this helps! :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by k345
Hi I got my offer after the 12th feb too (when allocation started) and it took 8 days to get my college. On the website it says it should take less than 7 days and if its been more than 10 days to contact the university. When you have your college it will say which college you got on your college preference form before they actually email to tell you what your college is. So if you log back in there you may find out sooner (I saw it on my form in the morning and got the email from durham in the evening). Hope this helps! :smile:

Thank you. Got my allocation yesterday thankfully- should be going to hild bede!!!
Reply 3
Original post by fw678
Thank you. Got my allocation yesterday thankfully- should be going to hild bede!!!

Thats great! And same!!
Reply 4
Original post by k345
Thats great! And same!!

Nice- which degree are you reading?
Reply 5
Original post by fw678
Nice- which degree are you reading?

I'm doing natural sciences (studying maths and psychology) :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by k345
I'm doing natural sciences (studying maths and psychology) :smile: