The Student Room Group

Thames Water 2021 scientist programme

Did anyone apply for this grad scheme, and have you heard anything from the organisation?

Scroll to see replies

yeah i applied, completed a recorded interview the other week but not heard anything back yet
Reply 2
Original post by rivalalpaca
yeah i applied, completed a recorded interview the other week but not heard anything back yet

Same!! Good luck :smile:
Original post by niveka08
Same!! Good luck :smile:

good luck to you too! hopefully we hear back soon
Reply 4
good luck to you too! hopefully we hear back soon

Have you heard anything yet?
Have you heard anything yet?

Not yet, but this is usually the longest wait, at least from experience of other video interviews ive done
Reply 6
Not yet, but this is usually the longest wait, at least from experience of other video interviews ive done

Same, shouldnt they get back to us soon though since the AC is on the 30th or 31st of march
Reply 7
Got an email back stating I made it to the AC for the engineering grad scheme on 25-26th march.
Group exercise, 1-1 interview and then a presentation, anybody have any advice/tips?
Same, shouldnt they get back to us soon though since the AC is on the 30th or 31st of march

where did they say when the AC is?
Original post by kazakuni
Got an email back stating I made it to the AC for the engineering grad scheme on 25-26th march.
Group exercise, 1-1 interview and then a presentation, anybody have any advice/tips?

well done! i did an AC the other week for a different job, i guess advice is try to stay relaxed, their looking for skills more than the right answer

When was your video interview and when did you get a reply?
Original post by Kaavya_17
When was your video interview and when did you get a reply?

Video interview was on the 19th of feb and I got the reply on the 10th of march
well done! i did an AC the other week for a different job, i guess advice is try to stay relaxed, their looking for skills more than the right answer

Thanks! this is my first virtual assessment centre but I am feeling confident.
What company was that AC with, do you remember the types of questions they asked in the interview.
Im currently preparing myself with competency and doing some background research on the company.
Thanks! this is my first virtual assessment centre but I am feeling confident.
What company was that AC with, do you remember the types of questions they asked in the interview.
Im currently preparing myself with competency and doing some background research on the company.

it was with the NHS, but they did an interview separately so didn't have to think about it in the AC. but all the activites we were given seemed to be focused on the skills they were looking for like teamwork and confidence etc so just try to be wary of that stuff even if the task seems unrelated. that was my first AC as well but don't worry, they're not as bad as you think they're going to be!
it was with the NHS, but they did an interview separately so didn't have to think about it in the AC. but all the activites we were given seemed to be focused on the skills they were looking for like teamwork and confidence etc so just try to be wary of that stuff even if the task seems unrelated. that was my first AC as well but don't worry, they're not as bad as you think they're going to be!

Sweet thanks for the advice.
Was this for the NHS DDaT scheme? I passed the video interview for that and completed an "epic sphinx" test last week consisting of a verbal, numerical and an annoying coding part. I don't think I passed tbh, I scheduled the test on the day and they only had 2:30pm available as it was monitored by some team in India lol.
Sweet thanks for the advice.
Was this for the NHS DDaT scheme? I passed the video interview for that and completed an "epic sphinx" test last week consisting of a verbal, numerical and an annoying coding part. I don't think I passed tbh, I scheduled the test on the day and they only had 2:30pm available as it was monitored by some team in India lol.

nah the gmts, and oh well, you got through to the AC for this one so who needs that!
nah the gmts, and oh well, you got through to the AC for this one so who needs that!

Haha im just trying to maximise my chances, if there are 24 applicants at the AC they usually only hire one right?
Haha im just trying to maximise my chances, if there are 24 applicants at the AC they usually only hire one right?

depends how many places they have and how many ACs they are doing. at my one they said they're running a few and it could be that everyone from one AC gets a place and no one from the next one etc, it all depends on you like your nit compared to other people who are there
Reply 18
Anyone got any update on the scientist programme? AC is next week
Anyone got any update on the scientist programme? AC is next week

i just got an email saying ive been unsucessful, so theyre probably sending updates to everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending