The Student Room Group

is this head of sixth form telling the truth

hey guys so i emailed the head of sixth form of my school of how i might not get the grades that they want me to. i told them how my teachers are changing at march and that this lockdown made me not progress as much. i spoke to him and mentioned how i didn't mention anything about grades during assmebly but the head of year did. he even showed me how for has packs for each economics section. i think he wants me. i can't really remember but he never mentioned think about your a levels so i think he will allow even if i don't get good enough grades should i believe.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lily09897
hey guys so i emailed the head of sixth form of my school of how i might not get the grades that they want me to. i told them how my teachers are changing at march and that this lockdown made me not progress as much. i spoke to him and mentioned how i didn't mention anything about grades during assmebly but the head of year did. he even showed me how for has packs for each economics section. i think he wants me. i can't really remember but he never mentioned think about your a levels so i think he will allow even if i don't get good enough grades should i believe.

I don’t understand what you’re asking. Are you asking again about if you can get in to sixth form with lower grades than the entry requirements? If so, it depends on the sixth form - just keep working as hard as you can so you’re more likely to get in.
Reply 2
Original post by Hellllpppp
I don’t understand what you’re asking. Are you asking again about if you can get in to sixth form with lower grades than the entry requirements? If so, it depends on the sixth form - just keep working as hard as you can so you’re more likely to get in.

how harder can i study 8 hours in schools and 5 hours of studying and like 10 hours of study during holiday/weekends.
how harder can i study 8 hours in schools and 5 hours of studying and like 10 hours of study during holiday/weekends.

I didn’t say harder I said as hard as you can. You might be doing too much if that’s how much you’re studying. You need to take breaks as well if you want to do your best.
Reply 4
well i take breaks like every 20 minutes for 2/3 minutes
well i take breaks like every 20 minutes for 2/3 minutes

You need to take proper breaks so you can relax - maybe try the pomodoro technique and try take half a day off at the weekend. Also make sure you’re sleeping at least 8hrs a night and taking time for self care including exercise.

Yeah I think he is telling the truth because I`ve had lots of sixth form interviews this week and they`ve all said that if you don't get the best grades if your behaviours good you may still be able to do your course or other options. Also if you get bad grades in a core for example some colleges/sixth forms allow you to retake that subject so your able to do your chosen course. Hope this made sense lol-
Reply 7
Original post by Hellllpppp
You need to take proper breaks so you can relax - maybe try the pomodoro technique and try take half a day off at the weekend. Also make sure you’re sleeping at least 8hrs a night and taking time for self care including exercise.

how can i waste my day like that i got so much revision to do currently i do a 8 k cycle per week and i am taking breaks like 3 hours a day that includes shower dinner and many more of those and probably just chill when i'm free. i sleep like from 12 am to 9 am that's 9 hours that should be enough.
Reply 8
Original post by zenobiaaa
Yeah I think he is telling the truth because I`ve had lots of sixth form interviews this week and they`ve all said that if you don't get the best grades if your behaviours good you may still be able to do your course or other options. Also if you get bad grades in a core for example some colleges/sixth forms allow you to retake that subject so your able to do your chosen course. Hope this made sense lol-

so you do agree that when the head of sixth form done the assembly he didn't mention grades meaning there are no entry requirement for internal student. but the head of year did mention it because of others schools right ?
Also I got a sixth form interview tommorow and those school are very oversubscribed so they want to short list through interview. my behavior is the top and kind and looking very professional on uniform. they also got my 4th option back up but all i need is a must economics and maths i don't mind business or history. also how can i prepare for it ?
i also mentioned that I won't mind redoing my english/maths at november as i really do want to get into my desired courses.
so you do agree that when the head of sixth form done the assembly he didn't mention grades meaning there are no entry requirement for internal student. but the head of year did mention it because of others schools right ?
Also I got a sixth form interview tommorow and those school are very oversubscribed so they want to short list through interview. my behavior is the top and kind and looking very professional on uniform. they also got my 4th option back up but all i need is a must economics and maths i don't mind business or history. also how can i prepare for it ?
i also mentioned that I won't mind redoing my english/maths at november as i really do want to get into my desired courses.

Yes I do agree and judging by what I just read I feel your doubting yourself too much I genuinely do think your going to get into the course you want as since there's no entry requirement for internal students its probably mainly off behaviour and your behaviour is good. Also to prepare for he interview just be prepared and have good answers for general questions like what do you like to do, why`d you choose this school, why do you want to do these subjects and what do you want to do in the future etc. and they also might ask you if you have any questions and I`d recommend you think of something like in my interview I asked about the school I want to go to`s gym but it can be anything even something small like what is your dress code - even if you know the answer I feel like it`s better than saying you don't have any questions.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Okay judging by what I just read I feel your doubting yourself too much I genuinely do think your going to get into the course you want as since there's no entry requirement for internal students its probably mainly off behaviour and your behaviour is good. Also to prepare for he interview just be prepared and have good answers for general questions like what do you like to do, why`d you choose this school, why do you want to do these subjects and what do you want to do in the future etc. and they also might ask you if you have any questions and I`d recommend you think of something like in my interview I asked about the school I want to go to`s gym but it can be anything even something small like what is your dress code - even if you know the answer I feel like it`s better than saying you don't have any questions.

Thanks for your reply it has really cheered me up after first i was accepted into a sixth form but today they had the metting and they were so STRICT on entry requirement not to mentioned they were very high compared to other sixth forms. that really stressed me out. also i applied to 20 sixth form is that adequate. i feel its very inadequate compared to my predicted grades.
english language physics and geography 4 must be 5/6 i got 4 at octbober 2020.
maths and computer science 7
biology and chemistry 6
english literature 5
spanish 8
Thanks for your reply it has really cheered me up after first i was accepted into a sixth form but today they had the metting and they were so STRICT on entry requirement not to mentioned they were very high compared to other sixth forms. that really stressed me out. also i applied to 20 sixth form is that adequate. i feel its very inadequate compared to my predicted grades.
english language physics and geography 4 must be 5/6 i got 4 at octbober 2020.
maths and computer science 7
biology and chemistry 6
english literature 5
spanish 8

I applied to like 15 sixth forms and my grades are similar to yours I think you will get your course tbh especially since we`re all going back to school so learning will be easier so your likely going to get those predicted grades and get your grades. Wishing you lots of luck !!!
Reply 12
I applied to like 15 sixth forms and my grades are similar to yours I think you will get your course tbh especially since we`re all going back to school so learning will be easier so your likely going to get those predicted grades and get your grades. Wishing you lots of luck !!!

hopefully also did you meet the entry requirement for your desired course

do you anyone going to sixth form with low grades llike 3s,4s and 5s there someone who barely studies getting offered to do biology chemistry and physics a level. me and him are in the same maths class he got a 3 i got a 6. he needs a least a 7 to get into physics and is barely doing online lessons now.
hopefully also did you meet the entry requirement for your desired course

do you anyone going to sixth form with low grades llike 3s,4s and 5s there someone who barely studies getting offered to do biology chemistry and physics a level. me and him are in the same maths class he got a 3 i got a 6. he needs a least a 7 to get into physics and is barely doing online lessons now.

The person I know of doing sciences for Alevels all got like a 6 in their science November mocks and she`s going to a good kinda posh skl but it really depends on the school some schools might only require you to get a pass in science to do it for alevels whilst other schools might need higher requirements. If he`s getting 3`s he really does need to like revise a loooot if he wants to go to that school tho bc 3 and 7 is such a big difference
Reply 14
The person I know of doing sciences for Alevels all got like a 6 in their science November mocks and she`s going to a good kinda posh skl but it really depends on the school some schools might only require you to get a pass in science to do it for alevels whilst other schools might need higher requirements. If he`s getting 3`s he really does need to like revise a loooot if he wants to go to that school tho bc 3 and 7 is such a big difference

no the school he got accepted into he needs 6 in all sciences he got 3,3 and 4 a 7 in maths he has got 3 a 6 in english he got a three his predicted grades must be for all science 4,4,5 and in maths a 5 and in English 4 do you think they will allow him to do those courses cause trust he barely revises and barely comes online for school. my friends as well he chose to do biology pschyology and history and his grades are 3s,4s,5s and 1 six in spanish. how has he got accepted. i mean he only applied to 1 school and barely stresses about it.
Reply 15
do you know anyone going sixth form with low grades like 3s,4s and 5s.
Reply 16
did your grades match the entry requirments. if not did they allow you in by how many grades.
no the school he got accepted into he needs 6 in all sciences he got 3,3 and 4 a 7 in maths he has got 3 a 6 in english he got a three his predicted grades must be for all science 4,4,5 and in maths a 5 and in English 4 do you think thebruhy will allow him to do those courses cause trust he barely revises and barely comes online for school. my friends as well he chose to do biology pschyology and history and his grades are 3s,4s,5s and 1 six in spanish. how has he got accepted. i mean he only applied to 1 school and barely stresses about it.

Bruh ngl I don't even know him and I`m worrying for him , he needs to be careful oml tbh unless he fixes up and like does really well when we go back in March idk if he`s actually gonna be allowed to do his course
do you know anyone going sixth form with low grades like 3s,4s and 5s.

Kinda me like my grades are... let me try and insert it
did your grades match the entry requirments. if not did they allow you in by how many grades.

As you can see from my report I didn`t even pass lots of my subjects bc after lockdown everything went downhill but I spoke to the college I want to go to about it and they said I just need to have atleast 5 gcses grade 5+ and if I don't they`ll discuss other courses or options with me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending