Bano99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi is anyone looking to apply this year for warwick as grad?
TJ-Medic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depending on how things go this cycle - I am thinking about it! Good Luck!!
Bano99
Rep:
?
(Original post by TJ-Medic)
Depending on how things go this cycle - I am thinking about it! Good Luck!!
Definitely should! What background degree you coming from?
TJ-Medic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bano99)
Definitely should! What background degree you coming from?
I'm from the Arts and hoping I can make the career shift into Medicine - from the research I've done the Graduate Entry Medicine Courses are ideal for Medical Students from a range of backgrounds so I'm optimistic that if successful, Warwick would be perfect. What about you?
Bano99
Rep:
?
(Original post by TJ-Medic)
I'm from the Arts and hoping I can make the career shift into Medicine - from the research I've done the Graduate Entry Medicine Courses are ideal for Medical Students from a range of backgrounds so I'm optimistic that if successful, Warwick would be perfect. What about you?
Oh I really hope so! Does warwick consider a levels gcse etc i know on the website it states no but do they often select applicants to make a decision between the two depending on a levels gcse’s , i didnt do a levels as my degree ‘health studies’ didnt require it . so not sure. I completed nursing foundation degree then top’d it up with a health studies degree
Medic Mind
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Bano99, Warwick don't consider GCSE or A-Level grades at all. If you're a borderline candidate they'll use other aspects of your application like UCAT to make those decisions. Sounds like you'd be a good candidate with your previous degree! Where else are you thinking of applying?

Anna
Y3 Southampton Grad Medic
Register for Webinars: www.medicmind.co.uk/medic-mind-webinars/
Bano99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Medic Mind)
Hi Bano99, Warwick don't consider GCSE or A-Level grades at all. If you're a borderline candidate they'll use other aspects of your application like UCAT to make those decisions. Sounds like you'd be a good candidate with your previous degree! Where else are you thinking of applying?

Anna
Y3 Southampton Grad Medic
Register for Webinars: www.medicmind.co.uk/medic-mind-webinars/
Hey thankyou for your response im currently a nurse with 3 years experience variety of clinical settings i have a 2:1 in health studies i am looking to apply Newcastle also as i wish to avoid the gamsat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey guys , I applied to Warwick for entry this year with a UCAT of 2730, B1, 1:1 prediction in my Biochemistry BSc, care home volunteering and shadowing experience. I was rejected post-interview from Warwick and Barts, so I'm reapplying this year! If you've got any questions about my experience of the application process (within reason lol) then feel free to ask
Bano99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 020200)
Hey guys , I applied to Warwick for entry this year with a UCAT of 2730, B1, 1:1 prediction in my Biochemistry BSc, care home volunteering and shadowing experience. I was rejected post-interview from Warwick and Barts, so I'm reapplying this year! If you've got any questions about my experience of the application process (within reason lol) then feel free to ask
Hey ah sorry to hear! Hopefully you ace it this year , i wanted to ask what did you do in a levels amd grades? Also gcses as im quite concerned regards this applying to Warwick
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bano99)
Hey ah sorry to hear! Hopefully you ace it this year , i wanted to ask what did you do in a levels amd grades? Also gcses as im quite concerned regards this applying to Warwick
Haha no worries!

Warwick don't consider your A-Levels/GCSEs at all (see their website), although I don't know if they will change this for 2022 entry. They don't even say anything about passing Maths and English GCSE which is bizarre as most medical courses require English proficiency at GCSE level. Definitely check the medical schools that you want to apply to because if you don't meet their minimum Maths/English Language requirements, it's likely you'd be rejected pre-interview unless you had some kind of mitigating circumstance. What are your GCSE Maths and English grades if you don't mind me prodding lol?

I'd say it's probably a good idea to ring up/email Warwick and tell them about your circumstances/grades to see if you are eligible to apply? Good luck

I got AAA at A-Level in Maths, Biology and Chemistry btw
Last edited by 020200; 2 weeks ago
Bano99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Haha no worries!

Warwick don't consider your A-Levels/GCSEs at all (see their website), although I don't know if they will change this for 2022 entry. They don't even say anything about passing Maths and English GCSE which is bizarre as most medical courses require English proficiency at GCSE level. Definitely check the medical schools that you want to apply to because if you don't meet their minimum Maths/English Language requirements, it's likely you'd be rejected pre-interview unless you had some kind of mitigating circumstance. What are your GCSE Maths and English grades if you don't mind me prodding lol?

I'd say it's probably a good idea to ring up/email Warwick and tell them about your circumstances/grades to see if you are eligible to apply? Good luck

I got AAA at A-Level in Maths, Biology and Chemistry btw
Hey thankyou for your reply i done a nursing degree so i didnt require a levels to get in i done btec extended diploma got a DMM , also i got gcse C’s at maths and both english lit and lang, and thats good they dont consider a levels and gcse, (optimistic) and i thought they might want some sort of science🤷🏽*♀️ But quite hopeful now. Thankyou
Iceyy18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm applying from Psychology (I got a 2:1). I am worried about starting revision for UCAT too early but last year my score was absolutely terrible like honestly really terrible so I really want to push myself this year
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Iceyy18)
I'm applying from Psychology (I got a 2:1). I am worried about starting revision for UCAT too early but last year my score was absolutely terrible like honestly really terrible so I really want to push myself this year
The first time I sat the UCAT, I got in the 3rd Decile, but last year I got in the 8th. From my experience, if you use the right programme (can't express how important that is) and prepare for the difficult question types well you can definitely make an improvement. Good luck
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ll be applying to Warwick, well.. depending on my UCAT. It’s my only UCAT university so need a good score or it’ll all be GAMSAT unis this year.
Iceyy18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The first time I sat the UCAT, I got in the 3rd Decile, but last year I got in the 8th. From my experience, if you use the right programme (can't express how important that is) and prepare for the difficult question types well you can definitely make an improvement. Good luck
Thanks for the advice! I plan on using medify and also the 1250 UKCAT book to build up my technique and practice as many questions as I can. And then eventually the official UCAT resources to practice questions closer to the real exam.
kirstolio
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I intend to apply again this year, assuming the UCAT goes ok - MSc Clinical Psychology and HCA background
Bexjw
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys, does anyone have a rough estimate as to what the UCAT cut off was this year? I had a copy of the spreadsheet but it's disappeared so I can't check/ estimate myself, unfortunately.

Congratulations to all those with offers and commiserations to those without (I'll see you in next year's thread)!
GANFYD
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bexjw)
Hi guys, does anyone have a rough estimate as to what the UCAT cut off was this year? I had a copy of the spreadsheet but it's disappeared so I can't check/ estimate myself, unfortunately.

Congratulations to all those with offers and commiserations to those without (I'll see you in next year's thread)!
About 2720, I think, iirc
Bexjw
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
About 2720, I think, iirc
Thank you for your knowledge as always! 😁
cocoabeaneo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bexjw)

Hey, here’s the spreadsheet if you want to take a look

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Ri1D_YHEQ/edit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (204)
42.95%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (71)
14.95%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (192)
40.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.68%

Watched Threads