Hey, here’s the spreadsheet if you want to take a look

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Ri1D_YHEQ/edit
Oh, thank you so, so much! I really appreciate that! 😊
hello654321
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Would being a care assistant in a care home and volunteering in a care home be two different things? Assuming they’re in different care homes
Lapis.Lazuli
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hello654321)
Would being a care assistant in a care home and volunteering in a care home be two different things? Assuming they’re in different care homes
I would say yes if one experience was paid and the other was voluntary.
Iceyy18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
does anyone know if working in a covid test centre would classify as work experience?
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Iceyy18)
does anyone know if working in a covid test centre would classify as work experience?
I think it would depend on what you’re actually doing/ your job role. If you’re marshalling or assisting then maybe not. Unsure whether taking tests would be ‘hands-on’ enough for Warwick. Probably best to email for clarity. They’re usually quite quick to respond.

They listed for 2020-21 entry:
“NHS facility/hospital patient-facing support staff/volunteer (must fall under the Key Worker category)” would be acceptable.
RR5
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I am applying to Warwick for 2022 entry. I was going to apply for 2021 entry but my VR score was low so didn’t apply to Warwick for 2022 entry. I am a final year MPharm student.
meghan007
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RR5)
Hi, I am applying to Warwick for 2022 entry. I was going to apply for 2021 entry but my VR score was low so didn’t apply to Warwick for 2022 entry. I am a final year MPharm student.
Hey,

I am hoping to get into Warwick aswell this year.

All I can do is my best.
RR5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by meghan007)
Hey,

I am hoping to get into Warwick aswell this year.

All I can do is my best.
Hey,

Hioefully we both get in. Have you applied before to medicine?
meghan007
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RR5)
Hey,

Hioefully we both get in. Have you applied before to medicine?
I've never applied before. Thought about it for years on and off, but only taken it seriously now.
RR5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've never applied before. Thought about it for years on and off, but only taken it seriously now.
Oh okay, if you have the motivation and entry requirements then you are going to be fine. Good luck hope everything works out well for you.
meghan007
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RR5)
Oh okay, if you have the motivation and entry requirements then you are going to be fine. Good luck hope everything works out well for you.
thanks, goodluck to you aswell.
RR5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
thanks, goodluck to you aswell.
Thank you.
medicphd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've just discovered this thread, but I'm hoping to apply for 2022 entry. The thing I've been finding hardest is getting enough work experience. I'm between two cities at the moment because of the pandemic and I've no idea when I'm leaving where I currently am so I don't want to commit to a permanent position. I was successful with the NHS vaccinator role but I haven't even been through the face-to-face training yet so I'm not sure I'll even end up doing it! Hopefully I can get my 50 hrs hands-on experience in time...
RR5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by medicphd)
I've just discovered this thread, but I'm hoping to apply for 2022 entry. The thing I've been finding hardest is getting enough work experience. I'm between two cities at the moment because of the pandemic and I've no idea when I'm leaving where I currently am so I don't want to commit to a permanent position. I was successful with the NHS vaccinator role but I haven't even been through the face-to-face training yet so I'm not sure I'll even end up doing it! Hopefully I can get my 50 hrs hands-on experience in time...
Hi, I applied for 2021 entry but didn’t get an interview because my UCAT was too low but I only did my 50 hours of work experience in August and I applied to October. I got my 50 hours within two weeks. Try and apply because getting the work experience is the difficult part and then let them know.
Bano99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by RR5)
Hi, I applied for 2021 entry but didn’t get an interview because my UCAT was too low but I only did my 50 hours of work experience in August and I applied to October. I got my 50 hours within two weeks. Try and apply because getting the work experience is the difficult part and then let them know.
Hey may i ask what your ucat was?
medicphd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RR5)
Yeah I guess 50 hours is like 7/8 full days of work so it isn't too much to ask, unfortunately the only opportunities around me at the moment seem to be permanent positions, but I'm hoping some bank or fixed term positions may come up.
RR5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bano99)
Hey may i ask what your ucat was?
Hey,

AR-830,QR-700,VR-530,DM-550.
RR5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by medicphd)
Yeah I guess 50 hours is like 7/8 full days of work so it isn't too much to ask, unfortunately the only opportunities around me at the moment seem to be permanent positions, but I'm hoping some bank or fixed term positions may come up.
Oh, yeah that will be difficult, I have been applying to bank jobs too but haven’t heard back and I don’t really have any experience in hospital which some bank jobs are looking for. Do you have healthcare experience?
medicphd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RR5)
Oh, yeah that will be difficult, I have been applying to bank jobs too but haven’t heard back and I don’t really have any experience in hospital which some bank jobs are looking for. Do you have healthcare experience?
Yeah of the few bank jobs that do come up they often say in the advert they want someone with at least 6 months experience. I have experience in a diagnostic lab but nothing patient-facing unfortunately.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (189)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (550)
14.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (419)
11.18%
Lack of purpose or motivation (516)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.99%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (223)
5.95%
Loneliness (315)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.87%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (334)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (352)
9.39%

Watched Threads