The Student Room Group

how important are looks

Hey everyone,
I'm just wondering if any boys could help me out. I'm just wondering how important looks really are? Obviously I understand that looks have a degree of importance, and this is slightly different for everyone. I wouldn't put myself higher than a 4/5 out of 10, and so I'm kinda guessing that no one else would put me higher than that either, and probably even lower!
Throughout my life I have had people subtly commenting on the way I look- I don't really take offence because it's mainly siblings or overly honest friends, but its started to make me realise that other people see me as someone who isn't very pretty.
I know that boys tend to be attracted to pretty girls, which is completely understandable, but are looks really really important?
Thank you!
:frown: sry people have commented on your looks, I am not sure why it's ok to do that nowadays.

Depends on the guy. If you're going for popular, good looking guys who are great with girls obviously you're gonna have competition. So in that case, a major yes. But lots of guys struggle to find A girl, let a lone a ''pretty'' girl so lots of guys aren't picky really despite what they might write on forums online lol.

But I think the most important thing is to ignore those who say you're not ''very pretty'', I think a lot of the time people try to pass rudeness as honesty. Even if they don't think you're pretty, looks are subjective and you are for sure pretty to at least some guys who you too will find attractive. Just be open to meeting new people and you will be fine. Good luck :smile:.
Original post by CatGentleman
:frown: sry people have commented on your looks, I am not sure why it's ok to do that nowadays.

Depends on the guy. If you're going for popular, good looking guys who are great with girls obviously you're gonna have competition. So in that case, a major yes. But lots of guys struggle to find A girl, let a lone a ''pretty'' girl so lots of guys aren't picky really despite what they might write on forums online lol.

But I think the most important thing is to ignore those who say you're not ''very pretty'', I think a lot of the time people try to pass rudeness as honesty. Even if they don't think you're pretty, looks are subjective and you are for sure pretty to at least some guys who you too will find attractive. Just be open to meeting new people and you will be fine. Good luck :smile:.

Because some people are stupid, Gentleman.
Original post by My name's Max
Because some people are stupid, Gentleman.

It was a rhetorical question, Max. And they're probably not stupid, they're probably just *****, Max.
It was a rhetorical question, Max. And they're probably not stupid, they're probably just *****, Max.

Stupid is a politer word, Gentleman.
Original post by My name's Max
Stupid is a politer word, Gentleman.

My nickname is a mere ruse, Max. I am not, in fact, a Cat Gentleman. I am a human and I can be a huge ****, Max.
Reply 6

thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending